chapter xxvii.

*    · .      ✺        ✧ .   ✵  *   *    · .        ✵  *       ✫  *   .   ·          ⊹    ✺    .     ✧     ✦    ✫   .   ✫  * .               ·    ⊹    ✺ .        ✧ .   ✦    ✫   .  .

CHAPTER XXVII

BEST FLYER

"AND ME?" she asked, "What will I be doing?"

Rhys looked at Callaghan, "You'll be staying here."

"Oh that's perfect! I love playing housewife," the spy rolls her eyes, "May I ask how clean the house needs to be when you come back?"

Cassian lets out a snort at her words. She sure was pissed at not being able to join them.

Yet, she was there as they were about to leave for the mortal lands. Rhys had to slap her hand away from fussing over his leathers. She was adjusting them too tight, wordlessly telling him she was not happy.

"I'll fly with Azriel," Feyre declared, making a smile appear on Callaghans face.

"Good choice," she said, "Az is the best flyer out of all of them."

"You asked me to drop you, Cal," the General complained, totally offended by her comment.

But the female spy ignored him, "Keep safe, you bats. You're carrying precious treasure right there." She points her thumb at Feyre before stepping away from them.

Rhys winnowed Cassian first, then went back to winnow Azriel and Feyre.

Callaghan sighed before stepping back in the House. She spent a couple minutes looking for Vik to bother him but the boy was nowhere to be found. So she went to the city instead, hoping to find something fun to do.

──────────────────────────────

THE SUN WAS SHINING. The breeze passed by. The laughter was heard all around. It was a nice day. The city was already bursting with life, despite it being nine in the morning.

Vik was having a good time. The best cup of coffee in one hand, a sweet pastry in the other, and a gorgeous man arranging the flowers in his shop across from him.

The two had been seeing each other for a couple of years now. Complete opposites do attract, as it seems.

Where Vik was harsh and calculating, Nalu was carefree and smooth. Vik was the sharp point, and Nalu was the rounded edge. Vik was all silvers and armors, whereas Nalu was flowers and smiles.

So there he was, sitting inside the store, admiring his man while Nalu was busy thinking of different ways to decorate the bouquets.

Everything was going great until he saw Callaghan approach his lover, "Hi, nice shop you got here. Nalu, right?"

The curly haired florist looked up at her, "You know my name?"

"Honey, it's literally the name of your shop," Vik walks out at the store, eyes narrowed at Cal, "Also, this is my sister, Callaghan."

Nalu's eyes went wide. He looked at the two fae before him, both equally beautiful but different in the way they projected themselves. He noticed that Vik had his shoulders back and chin up, showing he was utterly confident and laidback. While his sister had her hair down and a hand in her pocket, she was more reserved and preferred to keep to herself, he thinks.

"I have heard so much about you," he held out a hand to Cal, which she gladly shook, "I think you're great."

The spy's brow raised, "I like you, Nalu. Such a shame we only met now."

"Oh, I have the perfect gift for you!"

"A gift?"

Vik was confused too, "She has a lot of things at home, there's no need for gifts."

"Hush, love," he tells Vik as he rushes inside, leaving the siblings alone.

"I was having such a good time, Cal," he practically groans in annoyance, "Must you ruin it?"

Callaghan had a smirk on her face, "Not fun when it's you getting cock blocked, isn't it?"

──────────────────────────────

"TELL US, AZ," was the first thing he heard when he gracefully landed on the roof by his brothers, who were waiting for Feyre's cue that they could come in, "How are things with Cal?"

Azriel looked at Cas and Rhys, not knowing what was happening or what exactly they were even talking about, "...What?"

"How are things with Cal?" Cassian repeated his question slowly, as if talking to a child. "We want to know."

"Why are you talking about Cal anyway?"

"We're not just talking about Callaghan," Rhys rested his elbow on his knee, a teasing smile on his face, "We're talking about you two."

"You won't hear anything from me," Azriel said, his gaze now going over the woods. You never really know what was lurking in the trees. But in reality, he just wanted to evade the question directed to him.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Rhys nudge Cas' side, "I can tell you what he thinks of her though."

Azriel didn't get to protest because they quieted due to several servants leaving the mansion.

It was time to meet the other Archeron sisters.

──────────────────────────────

[ notes! ]

you know what,,,, here's another filler bc you guys make me happy :>

*    · .      ✺        ✧ .   ✵  *   *    · .        ✵  *       ✫  *   .   ·          ⊹    ✺    .     ✧     ✦    ✫   .   ✫  * .               ·    ⊹    ✺ .        ✧ .   ✦    ✫   .  .