chapter xv.

*    · .      ✺        ✧ .   ✵  *   *    · .        ✵  *       ✫  *   .   ·          ⊹    ✺    .     ✧     ✦    ✫   .   ✫  * .               ·    ⊹    ✺ .        ✧ .   ✦    ✫   .  .

CHAPTER XV

TALLER THAN YOU

DECADES FELT LIKE CENTURIES under there. Scars scattered on her body as time passed. She was sure the twins reported everything to Azriel, especially after Arrin, because there were times where they would often bring her healing ointments or tonics. As usual, she declined them. Telling them to give it to someone else who was in a worse situation.

She and Rhysand spoke with each other whenever they had the chance, sharing thoughts and plans and ideas.

It wasn't until Claire Beddor was tortured and killed did the talks boomed. High Lord Tamlin had possibly found a mortal that could love him and break the curse, although he was hiding her. It was a good play, keeping the girl out of Amarantha's clutches, but also jeopardising the idea of breaking everyone free.

Rhysand masked his relief upon seeing Callaghan enter his room. It was refreshing to see a familiar face from home after the torture session he just had to be a part of.

"The sheets you asked for, my lord," she quickly placed the sheets on his bed and turned around. A horrible plan, she knew. A powerful High Lord like Rhysand could just snap his fingers and his bed would be made. But she had to be there for him, just like how she was there for her.

"Shut the door."

She visibly trembles at his order.

"Let's have some fun," Rhysand purrs, nodding at the guard at his door.

Cal looks at the guard with fear in her eyes, but the guard just smirks and closes the door. Immediately, she felt Rhysand's power surround the room, allowing them to converse without being heard.

The spy saw Rhys' mask drop, showing his true state. He was absolutely drained. "Report?" he said.

"That wasn't the right girl."

"Do you think I don't know that?" he looks at her, frustrated. "I looked at her right in the face, and that Claire Beddor was nothing like her."

She knew better than to raise his temper even more, so she asked, "Is he going to break his curse any time soon?"

"He still has a few months, let's see."

"And if he doesn't?"

"We'll continue the ruse," he said. "Find the perfect time to strike."

She nods, sitting beside Rhysand, "I can keep it up a few more years."

"What do you think Vik looks like now?" Callaghan blurts out. The rush of possibly being free flowing within her.

Rhys lets himself smile, "Probably taller than you."

Cal was offended, "Take that back, Rhys."

He went to chuckle but froze instead, "She's coming here."

When the door opened revealing Amarantha, she saw a kneeling servant girl with ripped clothes, shaking in front of the High Lord of Night, "Did I interrupt something, Rhysand?"

The said male swats his hand lazily, "It's no fun, keeps on shaking."

The woman approached Callaghan, "It's nice when they're afraid." She dragged a sharp nail on the girl's jaw, a small whimper emitting from the servant as she drew blood, "They taste better."

It disgusted Rhysand seeing her hands on Callaghan. He wanted to rip off her hands for even touching Cal.

"Leave us, girl," Amarantha said, her eyes glued on Rhysand.

Shakily, Callaghan leaves the room. Dreading what would happen to Rhysand once she's out of the door.

──────────────────────────────

[ notes! ]

well,,, what happened and will happen to callaghan will be scattered all around the book so there wont be much in this act :>

*    · .      ✺        ✧ .   ✵  *   *    · .        ✵  *       ✫  *   .   ·          ⊹    ✺    .     ✧     ✦    ✫   .   ✫  * .               ·    ⊹    ✺ .        ✧ .   ✦    ✫   .  .