chapter xxxiii.

*    · .      ✺        ✧ .   ✵  *   *    · .        ✵  *       ✫  *   .   ·          ⊹    ✺    .     ✧     ✦    ✫   .   ✫  * .               ·    ⊹    ✺ .        ✧ .   ✦    ✫   .  .

CHAPTER XXXIII

FALLING STARS

"GET DOWN," Rhys says when he feels eyes on him. Seconds later, a crow flew down from a high branch, wings flapping on his head for a while, making him swat at it.

"Saw anything?"

The crow caws and shifts, morphing back into Vik, "Unfortunately, none. The prints were covered by snow by now and there's barely any scents left."

Rhysand sighs. The attack on Feyre seemed too personal for him not to simply ignore.

When he lifts his gaze off the snow, he notices Vik looking at him. "What?"

"I just wanted to say," the young fae starts, "You scared me, yesterday in the throne room."

"But," he continues before Rhys could wallow in guilt, "I know that it’s not the real you. I know you, Rhys. You're my brother and I will never be afraid of you."

Vik smiles, "I just — I just wanted you to know that."

"Thank you, Vik, that means alot to me," the High Lord places a hand on his shoulder, "Now, give me ten push ups for being sappy."

Vik was horrified, "Here? Now? In the snow?"

"Yes, get to work."

──────────────────────────────

MEANWHILE, Velaris prepared for the coming Starfall festival. Cal watched the people fuss around to prepare. Restaurants and bakeries were noisy with both customers and the workers themselves. The street was bustling with people and it brought a smile on Callaghan's face.

Then a hand slung around her arm, startling her for a bit, "Hello, Mor. What brings you here?"

"Nothing much," the blonde shrugs, "Just wanted to ask if you have a dress for the event already."

"I might," Cal said, smiling at the people who walked by. Killian made her a dress, a simple token of his gratitude.

"Is it scandalous?" Mor inquired, eyes bright.

"Not at all, I’m sorry."

"Hmm, shame," the golden haired fae pouted at her answer, "I would've loved seeing Az blush."

"Compliment him," Cal states, "That'll do the trick."

Mor suggestively raised a brow at her, "I'm sure you know all his tricks."

"Not all," she kept her gaze far away, praying that Mor didn't see her ears tinge with pink, "But I do know some."

After a few more steps, Mor couldn't help but pull Callaghan closer to her, "It's our first Starfall together again, how do you feel?"