3

Chapter Three:
____________________________________________

"Looking up from underneath,
Fractured moonlight on the sea.
Reflections still look the same to me,
As before I went under.
And it's peaceful in the deep,
'Cause either way you cannot breathe."

I opened my eyes to a room I was not familiar with

I opened my eyes to a room I was not familiar with. Panic, immediately, set in and I pushed the sheets off of me to jump out of the bed.

I bolted towards the first door I saw but came face to face with a huge marble white bathroom. It was beautiful with a big oval-shaped bathtub pushed against the wall and a circular window. On the left side was a shower cubicle made of fogged glass. There was a built-in rack of towels and a huge square-cut mirror right in front of me with a marble white sink.

Wow.

Snapping out of my trance, I saw another door and walked towards it. Ripping it open, I found a staircase and descended it.

The first thing I saw made my eyes almost pop out of their sockets. The emerald-eyed adonis from last night was completely indulged in a make-out session with a brown-haired girl who was sitting on his lap.

My cheeks turned cherry and I quickly looked away. A short, petite woman, dressed in a maid's outfit, stood in the kitchen doorway staring at me intently. I blushed even more, if possible, before making my way to her.

"Hi, I am Eirene. Can you, um, call that man, please? Uh, we have some important business to discuss, if you don't mind." I spoke softly.

She smiled warmly at me and cupped my right cheek, "So beautiful, so ethical." she whispered.

I looked down at the floor and heard her gasp, "Oh dear, you're barefooted. Let me get you a spare pair of slippers. I'll be back before you know it." Saying that she rushed out.

I looked around the black and cream-colored interior of the huge kitchen in awe. Everything in this mansion was extraordinary. Spotting a wooden barstool, I jumped to sit on it and rested my head against the cool, marble slab.

I was scared and felt out of place. All I wanted was to go home and hide in my room. Even though the mansion, whatever I have seen of it, was beautiful, it still felt cold.

The maid came back and placed a pair of white slippers on the floor in front of my feet. Thankful, I smiled at her and slipped my feet through them.

"Thank you..." I trailed awkwardly and she looked at me in amusement.

"Layla." she introduced.

"Thank you, Layla. It's nice to meet you." I replied politely.

"Oh, and the man you were talking about, he has brought you here to marry you. He can be cold sometimes but he has a heart of gold," she said, carelessly, as if we were talking about the weather.