6

Chapter Six:
____________________________________________

"And even if I run away,
Give my heart a holiday,
Still strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you.
You always leave me wanting more,
I can't shake my hunger for."

"Don't be too loud

"Don't be too loud. You can take her when she gets up. No need to disturb her." I heard a familiar masculine voice whisper yell.

"Look at you holding her close to you like a baby. Has she started to chip away at your concrete walls?" an unfamiliar feminine voice chirped rather loudly.

"Shut the fuck up, Anna." he replied and his chest rumbled.

What?

I groaned softly and stirred a little before fluttering my eyes open. I came face to face with a bare chest.

Gasping, I tried to get up but a heavyweight on my arm prevented me from doing so, "Hey, shush, you're alright. It's me."

I looked up from his chest and saw him looking down at me, "Darius." I whispered.

"Yeah? How are you feeling?" he asked.

I frowned at him in utter confusion. Of course, I was fine. Why was he asking?

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I questioned back.

He looked at me incredulously and asked, "Don't you remember last night?"

When I didn't speak, he scoffed in shock and continued, "You practically woke the whole house up with your screams. I think you had a pretty bad nightmare."

My face paled slightly and my skin turned cold as I processed his words. How could I not remember?

"Okay, cut it you both." someone spoke, startling me.

I jumped on Darius and he caught me with a chuckle. I now straddled his lap as he ran his palm flat on my back up and down.

"It's okay. That's just my sister." he cooed and kissed the top of my head.

Warmth erupted in my heart at his small action. He turned me around and rested his chin on my shoulder.

I came face to face with a beautiful brunette with green eyes and soft features. She smiled at me warmly and introduced herself, "Hi, I am Annalisa but please call me Anna. I'm this doofus' four years younger sister."

I couldn't help but let a small smile slip at her comment, while Darius grunted, and replied, "I'm Eirene."

"Nice to meet you, Eirene. You're so very beautiful. I'm jealous." she gushed.

Red tinted my cheeks and I looked down shyly. Darius chuckled and his hot breath fanned the side of my face.

"Hot damn. Is she going to be your wife? I'd like to cancel that wedding and rearrange with me as the groom."