47

Chapter Forty Seven:
____________________________________________

"Alright, I'm ready to shoot things up to God,
This is really gonna mess her up.
And I keep on praying that I'm strong enough,
It's a lot for love."

"Hi, I am Leah Lombardi

"Hi, I am Leah Lombardi." A young girl with brown hair and caramel eyes greeted us.

She was so adorable and younger than me.

"Hello, Leah. I am Eirene and this is Darius." I shook her hand with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, both." She grinned.

"Likewise." I replied and subtly nudged Darius who was standing like a brick beside me.

He cleared his throat and politely nodded, "Please take a seat, Ms. Lombardi."

"Oh, don't be too formal, please. It would make me uncomfortable. You guys can call me Leah." She chided.

"Right." Darius nodded. "Have a seat, I'll have Alexa bring something for you."

"Alexa's not here." I told him.

He frowned but did not question, "Okay, I'll be with you shortly."

"Hello Mister, where are you going? Isn't this your wedding, too?" Leah sassed.

My eyes widened at her boldness and my head snapped to see Darius' reaction. By the look on his face, he also seemed shocked but was quick to mask it.

"Oh, don't give me that!" She scoffed. "I am all big and mighty, you should be afraid of me because I don't have a heart." She continued but this time mimicking a heavy manly voice.

I turned my head to the side to stop myself from laughing and cleared my throat. Darius stared at her like she was an alien.

I bet he was thinking who the hell does she think she is?

"Excuse me?" Darius rose a threatening brow at her.

Oh, no.

"I have grown up around men like you. Y'all pretend to be invincible and merciless but are a big softie on the inside." She folded her arms, resembling an adorable child. "And, like, your woman is standing next to you, please, you're all mushy-mushy just like Ian and Alex. And, you're excused."

I could not help myself anymore and let out a loud chuckle.

She was breathing and talking fireball.

"Listen here, kid-" Darius started to speak and took a threatening step in her direction.

She cut him off with a scoff, "For your information, I am an adult. And you're one, too. Much older than I am, at least. So, why don't you sit down and discuss how you would like your big day to be."