40

Chapter Forty:
____________________________________________

"When I look into your eyes,
I can see a love restrained.
But darlin' when I hold you,
Don't you know I feel the same?"

But darlin' when I hold you,Don't you know I feel the same?"

"I didn't do it on purpose." I remarked as Angelo paced back and forth inside my room.

"You scared her." He repeated.

My jaw ticked, "I am not trying to blame you but I was not the only one with a gun in his hand."

He stopped in his tracks and turned around to face me, "You should have seen her face, Darius!" He said in exasperation.

"I told you. I fuckin' told you she's not one of us, she's not used to all of this. Our normal is different from hers." He added in a much calmer tone.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a sigh, "Nobody pulls a gun at her and gets to tell the tale."

"I understand your sentiment, Darius, I really do." Angelo paused and sighed, his guard down, "I would have done the same but she's in the process of recovering from trauma and she has PTSD. You can't do something like that in front of her."

"What were you thinking firing all those bullets?!"

"I wasn't." I replied, looking away.

He looked up in confusion at my answer.

"I wasn't thinking." I elaborated.

"I am a very composed man, Angelo. Your sister puts a stop to all my thinking capabilities."

"You love her." He said, more to himself than me.

"I am glad you woke up." I quipped.

He rolled his eyes, "Darius Alexander Pantazis has a heart, huh?" He mocked.

"Get out of our house."

He picked up his suit jacket from the chair and walked towards the bed and bent to kiss Eirene's forehead.

"I was leaving anyway." He said and was about to walk past me but stopped, "Our house." He mocked.

"Shut the fuck up." I said back.

I heard him chuckle as he walked away and shook my head, "Dumb motherfucker." I muttered.

I looked back at Eirene and rubbed a hand on my face before making my way towards her side.

I squatted in front of her and caressed her cheek with my knuckles, "Eirene." I called softly.

When she didn't move, I took her hand in mine and placed a kiss on her slender fingers, and said, "Wake up, my little angel."

She stirred and fluttered her eyelids open before closing them again, "W-Water." She croaked out.

I helped her sit up and grabbed the glass of water before bringing it to her lips. She took a few sips and rubbed her eyes.