41

Chapter Forty One:
____________________________________________

"'Cause I don't wanna lose you now
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that sat in my heart
Is a space that now you hold
Show me how to fight for now
And I'll tell you, baby, it was easy
Comin' back here to you once I figured it out
You were right here all along
It's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me
I couldn't get any bigger
With anyone else beside me
And now it's clear as this promise
That we're making
Two reflections into one
'Cause it's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me, staring back at me."

I realized how drastically hearing and seeing differed from one another when I heard her utter those words

I had seen it in her eyes the other day; love for me, but hearing it was a whole new experience.

I had been pestering her to say it for so many days but I did not think about my response when she finally admits it.

My eyes bore into hers as I processed her words and she stared back in anticipation. When I did not make any attempt to reciprocate or even react, her shoulders sagged and she sighed, audibly.

"Forget it." She mumbled and rolled her bottom lip in her mouth before averting her eyes.

Now that was one thing I wanted to change in her. The only thing I wanted to change in her.

I wanted her to meet my stare, head-on. I wanted, no, I needed for her to look at me like she owned me.

Like I belonged only to her.

"You never let me see those beautiful eyes for more than fifteen seconds." I said, aloud, without thinking.

She looked at me, flabbergasted, "You're unbelievable."

"What?" I questioned, still in a daze.

She turned around to leave but I grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her towards me. Our chests collided and she looked up, her eyes glinting with a tinge of anger before it disappeared.

"Whoa, why's this little kitten angry?" I asked, genuinely surprised.

"You ruined it." She mumbled and tried to tug at her wrist but I smirked at her failed attempts.

From up close, I could see a small pinch between her brows, a streak of red on her nose, and a pout on her soft pink lips.

"What did I ruin?" I asked, acting completely oblivious.

Her eyes moved to meet mine and a look of disbelief was plastered on her face. I suppressed the smile that was threatening to break on my lips.

"I told you I love you and you tell me how I can't maintain eye contact for more than fifteen seconds?!" She asked in vexation.