52

Chapter Fifty Two:
____________________________________________

"Is it alright if I come 'round?
Is it too late if I come now?
Would you stay up to figure this out,
Some way?
If I stay here would you come back?
If I stay cool would you be mad?
Would you want me if I want you,
That way?"

"Is it alright if I come 'round?Is it too late if I come now?Would you stay up to figure this out,Some way?If I stay here would you come back?If I stay cool would you be mad?Would you want me if I want you,That way?"

"Eirene, I wish you could stay for lunch with us. I miss having lunch breaks with you." Cassandra pouted as she saw me pick up my bag from the desk.

"Aw, I am so sorry. I wish I could stay but you know Angelo is getting discharged today and I have to take him home. I only came for the meeting, but I promise, once I am regular, we will resume our fun time." I promised her.

"I understand." She said and smiled. "Come back, soon."

"I will. Have a great day, goodbye." I said while hugging her.

"Goodbye." She said and pulled back with a huge grin.

I walked out of the building to see George's car waiting for me in the parking lot and I could not help but miss Apollo.

George was a lovely man, too, but there were times when I thought of Apollo and how he used to drop me at Darius' office and literally go anywhere with me without asking questions.

"Good afternoon, George." I greeted George, who was standing beside the passenger seat.

"Good afternoon, miss. Hope you had a great day at work." He politely said back and opened the door for me.

I nodded my head, "I did. The meeting went well, we just mapped out all our upcoming projects." I told him as I sat inside the car.

"I am glad to know about that, miss." George replied and shut the door.

I looked to my left and gasped, "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I come to pick up my fiancé?" Darius questioned back and pecked my lips.

I let out a small smile, "You can. It's just that I wasn't expecting you."

He nodded his head thoughtfully, "I see. Maybe, we should do this more often, then?"

I grinned, "I can definitely get used to this."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I leaned my head on his chest, "How was your day? It's only three in the noon, you left early to pick me up?"

He hummed in response, "It was fine, the usual. The meeting you didn't let me attend got postponed, once again."

I could detect a hint of frustration in his tone and I concealed a knowing smile, "I am sorry?"

"You're anything but." He countered.

I chuckled as the memory of that night replayed in my head.