55

Chapter Fifty Five:
____________________________________________

"Isn't it amazing how almost every line on our hands align?
When your hand's in mine
It's like I'm whole again, isn't that a sign?
I should speak my mind."

“Ready?” Angelo asked, standing beside me

I took a deep breath and nodded my head, “Let’s go.”

He offered his arm so I hooked mine around his before we started walking towards the ballroom. The guards rushed to open the gates for us and I briefly closed my eyes.

My nerves were jittery but as soon as the doors were fully opened, I sighed in relief. The familiar scent of cigarettes and whiskey mixed with a faint scent of musky aftershave welcomed me.

He was stood at the end of the altar, I knew without a glance, but I was still able to recognize his scent from the rest of the room.

A small smile lit up my face as we took another step forward, my eyes still casted downwards. Even though I had met him earlier, I still felt shy.

Angelo’s hand came to pat mine and I looked up at him with a smile. I was so genuinely happy that he was walking me down that aisle. He had always filled the shoes of a father figure in my life but in that very moment, he felt like one, too. I
wished that Aegeus was here, too.

“I am so very proud of you, and equally thankful.” I said to him.

“I love you, Lea.” He said in reply.

“I love you, too, brother.” I whispered.

I was looking at him when I felt another presence beside me, another arm that hooked around my right one.

“Congratulations, twin sister.” I heard his voice before I looked at him.

My body froze for a few seconds before my head whipped to the side to look at Aegeus dressed in a black three-piece suit.

“Surprise!” He grinned.

Tears blurred my vision as I stared at him, “Gus.” I whispered in shock.

“In flesh.” He added, smugly.

I hugged him, immediately, “You came!”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” He said and flashed me a charming smile after pulling away.

He dabbed his fingers under my eyes and added, “No tears today, Lea. In fact, no more tears ever.”

I smiled, “I love you, Gus.”

“I love you, too.” He replied and kissed the top of my head.

“Shall we?” Both Gus and Angelo spoke, simultaneously.