61

Chapter Sixty-One:

____________________________________________

"Consuming all the air inside my lungs
Ripping all the skin from off my bones
I'm prepared to sacrifice my life
I would gladly do it twice."

Darius's POV

I fell for her, all over again, as soon as she stepped through those doors, looking absolutely breathtaking.

She was going to be mine and that thought alone overwhelmed me with a heap of emotions.

Finally, after all the downfalls, I was getting married to her and I wished there was a better way to describe that feeling other than that I truly felt powerful, for the first time. Because she was by my side, for good.

Even now as she stood conversing with that little monster, Leah, I felt complete.

It was nothing like I had felt before. Even being called the most powerful man in the country was nothing compared to everything my woman made me feel.

“It’s good to see you happy.” Adrian commented as he came to stand beside me.

I nodded my head, “It feels even better.”

“I know.” He smiled.

“But, that’s not why I’m here though.” He added, suddenly turning serious.

I turned completely towards him, “What?”

“There’s been an intrusion. Jason informed me.

I looked him dead in the eye and he met my stare head on, “Can you stop beating around the bush?”

“The security informed Jason that they saw a man surveying the area and now he’s trying to discreetly enter the premises. Jason has gone to check with the security.”

My jaw ticked, “And why is the security team just watching it all unfold?”

He sighed and looked at Eirene for a brief moment.

I did not have a good feeling about it.

“Because Christopher Petrakis landed in Greece last night.”

I pinched the bridge of my nose and my hand balled into a fist, “Why the fuck am I being informed about this, just now?”

He clicked his tongue, “They were not sure. Apparently, he faked his identity but they caught him because his last tracked location was Pennysylvani and so was his departure destination.”

“And now he’s here? What exactly are those guards up to?” I asked, growing more irritated by every passing second.

“Jason has gone to check up on them, relax. Hopefully, nothing goes wrong.” He tried to reassure me.

“He’s already entered the premises, and you’re saying that I should relax?” I scoffed.

“I have to go and see it for myself.” I added.

Adrian stopped me from moving by grabbing my arm, “Stop, wait. I’ll go. But if you leave, Eirene will sense something’s wrong. Speaking of which, she’s coming over.”

I looked over my shoulder and, surely, she was close. As soon as she looked up at me, she smiled and pointed towards the cake.

For her sake, I gave her a small smile before turning to look at Adrian, “Nothing happens to her.”

He gave me a nod and left just as Eirene came to stand beside me, “All good?”

“Better with you by my side.” I told her.