22

Chapter Twenty Two:
____________________________________________

"Feeling like I'm out of my mind, 'cause I can't get enough,
Only one that I give my time, 'cause I got eyes for ya.
Might make an exception for ya, 'cause I been feelin' ya,
Think I might be out of my mind, I think that you're the one."

I felt a finger trailing down the side of my face and I shifted a little in my sleep before opening my eyes and rubbing them

When my vision cleared, I saw Darius standing above me and I instantly sat up in my bed. The sun had not risen yet, making it still dark outside.

"Hey." I croaked out and checked the time on the clock placed on my nightstand.

It was currently five in the morning and he was dressed in a formal attire.

"I am leaving, Κούκλα." He whispered.

My heart dropped at his words and whatever remaining sleep I had, vanished in thin air.

The thought of him leaving me was unsettling.

He clicked his tongue, seeing my expressions, and sat down on the edge of the bed, "Eirene, I had to be there on the day before yesterday but I cancelled that plan because of you. Don't be like this, now. I will be back the day after tomorrow, baby." He spoke quietly while caressing my cheek.

His touch calmed me and I nodded my head in understanding. I knew it was important for him to attend that wedding.

He will be back soon, I tried to assure myself.

"I understand." I whispered and looked in his emerald eyes.

"Good. I just came to say goodbye and to wish you best of luck for your first day at office. Be confident, baby. I believe in you." He said back and kissed my cheek.

I closed my eyes as his warm lips touched my soft skin and a sigh pushed past my lips, "Thank you. And please, be safe."

"I will. Now, if anything and I mean anything happens, you call me. Don't go out alone and I have asked my security to follow you to your office, they will keep an eye on you from afar. You will meet them in a few hours and Apollo will be your driver, okay? There's a gun taped under the table in my office and one hidden under the sink cabinet in the kitchen. Don't talk to strangers and if you feel uncomfortable or afraid, call me. Don't go anywhere without informing Apollo and leave me a text every hour, did I stutter?" He all but instructed in one breath.

I swallowed and looked down to see his hand resting on my bare thigh and nodded my head.

"Words, Eirene." He warned.

"N-No, you didn't stutter." I replied and bit my lip.

"I know." He said and grabbed my chin before pecking my lips.