21. Tyler

Nina's POV
"How have you been Nina"
I'm standing in the up stairs family room looking out onto the balcony. He standing a few feet away from me with his hands in his pockets.
"I'm fine" I say
"Look at me"
I turn to face him. "Why did you stop coming?"
He steps closer "Nina I couldn't risk getting caught by your brother. It would have started a war you and I both know it wouldn't end well"
"Did your pack kick you out"
"No, I left"
"Why"
He rubs his hands across his face. "Do you really want to have this conversation here and now."
"Yes, you owe me answers"
He closes the distance between us and hugs me "You don't know how much I've missed you"
I push away and laugh sarcastically
"You could have fooled me, if it wasn't for Coby finding his mate you would never have come"
"Nina I'm working something out. Trust me please."
"I don't like being kept in the dark or you speaking in code Tyler. Tell me what's going on now or forget about me for good."
He reaches for me again and I pull away
"Nina it's complicated, do you trust me?"
"Don't try and turn this around on me, tell me what's going on!" I shout louder than I intended. Only he can get me this worked up.
"Come here Nina" he says firmly and my inner wolf wants me to obey him
I sigh and close the distance. He hugs me tighter this time.
"I love you Nina. It's always going to be you, no matter what. Please wait for me" He kisses me softly and walks out.

Tyler's POV
I knew she would be pissed at me for not coming to our secret spot. I stopped around the time Coby started looking for his mate because I couldn't risk getting caught in his territory without permission especially to see his little sister. She is his pride and joy. He would have me killed slowly if I allowed myself to get caught. The last time I had seen her it was a close call, one of his pack members was patrolling the area and I had almost gotten discovered. I needed to find a way to be with her where he would accept me. My old pack back then was rivals with his so I knew that would be impossible. I chose to leave my pack for that reason. I knew the risks of becoming an Omega but to be with Nina I'd take the risk. She was my everything, I can't wait until she can be mine forever. She is close to ascending now and I just know she's meant to be mine. My hope is that in two months time we will finally be able to have the bonding rituals and Coby will accept me in his pack since I no longer have one and he won't want Nina to leave him. I've been staying with two other Omegas, they are here with me.
I'm in this beautiful garden sitting on a stone bench in front of a waterfall. Nina said this is one of her favorite places so coming here makes me feel closer to her somehow. I hear footsteps coming and my head snaps up at the intrusion.

Natasha's POV
"Oh, hi. I didn't realize anyone was out here."
"It's okay, I was just leaving"
"Hmm, ok. Do you mind if I sit down. These heels are killing me"
"Sure" he gets up
"So you're Nina's friend right?"
"Yes, and you're her what exactly?"
"We're friends"
"That hug looked like a little more than friends" I laugh
He looks guilty.
"I'm sorry, I was kidding. I didn't mean to pry." I stutter out. To my surprise he doesn't leave and instead sits back down beside me.
"Was it that obvious?"
"Not to anyone but me, don't worry. So how long have you two been seeing each other?"
"We haven't, at least not for a while. It's a long story." He lets out a long slow sigh. He starts to get up and places his large hand on the bench and accidentally brushed my thigh and I immediately feel an electric shock wave up my body from his touch. My eyes widen and he looks like he felt it too. I jump up from the bench and stare at him with my mouth open in disbelief. It can't be, he's my mate!
He's staring at me too in shock.
"What just happened?" I say breathless
"I don't know?" He admits "How old are you?" He asks me
"I just turned 16 two weeks ago"
Oh my God, I can't believe this!
"Aww stop shouting" he grabs his head and I run away as fast as my bare feet will take me. I run all the way back to my room. I'm breathing so hard and my chest burns by the time I get to my room.
He heard my thoughts, I quickly built an imaginary wall so he wouldn't do it again unless I let him.
Nina, oh God Nina. She's going to be devastated.
I drop to the ground and burry my head in my hands. What am I going to do, she's my best friend. I start to cry. "Why me?" I whisper to no one.