13. Truce

It's been a week since I've seen him. I don't know why I'm keeping count or why I care but I do. Alina had announced that a 2 week preparation was needed so everyone has been doing their part. Maybe she hopes I'll change my mind. I've been bumming around doing nothing but thinking. I found this nice spot behind my aka Nina's cabin that overlooks the vast forest and the sunset is beautiful. I'm sitting on the ground looking down into the green trees when I hear someone approaching from behind and immediately I know it's him.
He sits next to me "I see you found my second favorite spot" he says while putting his knees up and placing his arms on them.
"The sunset is pretty from here"
He looks at me but I don't look at him. I pick up a twig and start playing with it.
"Nina told me about what happened, why didn't you tell me?"
"Well we haven't really been on speaking terms have we."
"This is important, did you see anyone?"
"No, it was more a feeling but I never saw anyone"
"You can't blow those feelings off"
"I know now, Nina already explained they are what helps protect us when we are in danger"
"What I don't understand is why you got it?"
"What do you mean?" I turn to face him
"Well half breeds never inherit our full abilities, this being one of them."
"Well maybe I'm the exception"
"Maybe"
I turn back to the sun that is about to set. It's gold and orange remind me of his eyes. "Shit you heard that thought didn't you?"
"I can teach you now to block me if you want, remember that is part of the deal" I gulp at the way he says it
"Okay"
"But first I have one condition too. I thought about it and I'm getting the short end of the stick. I have everything to lose while you get everything you want so there needs to be more of a balance."
"What do you want?"
He clears his throat
"I want you to sleep with me on the night of our bonding ritual"
"Oh, because I've been staying with Nina. Okay"
"That's not what I meant"
Realization hits me
"Luna I want to know what it feels like to be with my mate, to feel that true connection that makes us one. Even if it's just once, we owe it to ourselves." He gets up and starts to walk away.
"Think about it Luna, I guess I'll have my answer in 3 nights."
My entire body is set on fire by his words. I turn "The time for negotiations is over" I say to his retreating back.
"Then consider it my final request to you" he says in my mind and doesn't stop walking.
My heart is racing and my palms are sweating, what am I going to do? Wait, he didn't teach me to block him, shit!