7. Midnight Run

I took a shower because I couldn't sleep, I was restless. I didn't like the way Coby left and I have no idea if he will return tonight. He's been gone for 5 hours. Nina came to check on me earlier because I skipped dinner but I wasn't hungry. She brought me a plate anyway. I think to myself if I do decide to accept Coby how great it will be to have her as a sister. She's so sweet and nice. She's 15 now but she said she's only 2 months away from her 16th birthday. She said she was excited and scared because not everyone is like her pack. Some packs treat their women as objects and there's no telling if she could be mated to a rogue which is even worse. We chatted for a bit but she eventually left. She answered lots of my questions. I've been in Coby's cabin and I don't know why. I guess I want to make sure he's alright.
I lay down with only his t shirt he took off earlier and my panties on. It smells of him and it comforts me. "Coby can you hear me?"
Nothing only silence
"Coby, I know you can. You've always answered me before even when I didn't want you to. Listen, I never claimed to be a virgin. I was young and stupid. I loved one but not the other. That one was me trying to be rebellious, I hated myself afterward. I'm sorry."
I wait a few more minutes before I just give up.
It's now 1:30am and I want to sleep but can't. I turn over on my stomach and scream into my pillow.
"Can you not do that" it's Coby in my head
I sit up quickly almost relieved. "why have you been avoiding me?"
"Why do you think Luna?" He says sarcastically
"Look don't judge me, it was before you kidnapped me and I don't owe you an explanation or an apology for that matter."
"How many have you been with?" I ask
Silence
"Too many to count I see"
"One"
"What"
"You heard me"
"Who, is she in your pack?"
"She was before she was imprinted"
"Where is she now?"
"With her new pack"
"How long were you with her?"
"3 years"
"How long has she been gone?"
"One year"
"So you only started looking for me after she left?"
No answer
I don't know why but I feel a surge of jealousy in my gut mixed with anger. I grab my stomach. Just then the door opens up and I see Coby walk in still as a wolf. He slowly walks into the bathroom and shortly after the door closes I hear the shower turn on. I scoot to the far left of the bed away from the bathroom. I cover myself and close my eyes. All of sudden I feel exhausted. I look over and it's 2:45am. I need to sleep.
I start to doze off after a few minutes. The door behind me opens and I hear him in his dresser drawers. I feel the bed dip and feel his body heat almost immediately. I don't move or say anything. I hear him sigh and then he reaches over and grabs my waist. He pulls me back so my back is flush with his bare chest. He puts his arm around me and whispers good night.
I close my eyes and finally drift off to sleep.