5. Alina

We are now sitting in a room with a huge round table in the center. It looks like a big conference room.
"Does everyone know what we were doing" I say in my head because I know he can hear me
He leans in and says yes
I know I must look like a tomato right now. My palms and armpits are sweating and I'm so embarrassed.
"Relax Luna, you are mine and they know it"
"Why do I feel so attached to you all of a sudden?"
"My guess is that Alex's potion worked"
The door opens and in comes a tall regal lady with long black hair and crystal blue eyes.
"Thank you all for joining us. This meeting was to discuss options should Luna reject my son but in light of recent events I think that won't be necessary. Instead we will focus on the wedding ritual."
"Wait" I say as I stand
"What if I don't want to get married yet? I mean I'm only 17. It's not that I'm rejecting your son but maybe postponing until I am ready?"
"That is not how it works Luna. Once a were finds his mate there is only a small window for him to imprint before he can't anymore. Then you both will be mateless among other unspeakable things.
I gulp "I don't understand, I am only a human, what things?"
"You are part were, unfortunately your mother was raped by a were not is this pack. Some packs don't follow any rules established by our Elders. They are called rouges. She had you but never really accepted you as hers, she knew something was different about you too but didn't know what. You were a constant reminder of what happened to her. Your step father knew she was raped and raised you like his own but she couldn't get over it so she left you. I'm sorry you had to find out like this Luna."
"I don't believe you!" I cried out.
"Luna, she is telling the truth." Nina looks at me with sorrow in her eyes.
"How much time do I have to decide or do I even get a choice?"
"You get a choice Luna, we are not rogues.  You have 48 hours."
With that Alina gets up and leaves and everyone follows including Coby. His hands were fisted by his sides and he didn't look at me as he left.
I don't care, I need to look out for myself here.

I am in Ninas room pacing, I didn't want to go back to Coby's room in case I can't control my urges again.
"Luna you are making me dizzy, please sit down."
"What do I do?"
"Follow your heart."
"That's just it, a few hours ago my heart was not desiring Coby and now thanks to Alex I can't stop thinking about him. It's not real, it was the potion."
"No, it is real. Alex simply helped awaken your dormant werewolf genes. Now that they are awakened they will dominate.  There is no off switch, what you feel for Coby will only get stronger."
A loud knock startles me and I know it's him before he enters.
I run to him and he hugs me tight. Then I quickly move away embarrassed.
"Don't be embarrassed Luna."
I don't say anything and sit on the bed.
"I came to check on you and make sure you're alright."
"Yes I'm fine."
"Why are you here then and not in my room?"
"Because I don't know if what I feel for you now is real. How can I be sure Alex didn't put some trick on me so you can get me to marry you?"
Coby gets up and walks out without saying a word and I feel a sharp pain in my heart. Instantly I know I hurt him. Do I feel what he feels now too?
I am so overwhelmed at this point I feel like I'm going crazy.