8. Milah

Luna's POV
I wake up to an empty bed. I look around but Coby isn't here. I wash up and go out exploring. I haven't done much of that since I've been here. They have a full community here. I walk in search of the mess hall, I'm starving because I didn't have dinner. There I find Alex and two other guys and a girl eating. He calls out for me so I grab my food and walk over to his table.
"Hey Luna, this is Liam, Jake, and Natasha. Jake is our Beta" Alex says
"Hi"
They all smile at me so I sit next to Alex. Well except the one called Jake that is.
"So Luna, today is the big day huh. You need to decide. We honestly can't believe you have been able to hold off this long. I know it's killing Coby right now." Liam says
Alex hits him behind the head
"What do you mean?"
They all look at one another but no one says anything else.
I eat my food and ask if anyone has seen Coby.
Natasha says "he went to work"
"You guys have like normal jobs?"
Everyone laughs and I feel stupid
"Yes Luna, we have to work to get money for clothes and food too" Jake laughs
I ignore him and ask "do any were's choose to live in their wolf forms is what I meant?"
Alex answers "Yes, those are mostly rogues though"
"Is it prohibited?"
"No and yes, there are restrictions." This time Natasha answers
"What kind of restrictions?"
"When we stay in wolf form for too long we start losing our humanity so the Elders won't allow us to stay in wolf form longer than 3 months at a time but most only do it when their wolves are restless."
"Wow so this is what Coby needs to deal with, poor bastard." Jake says and I flick him off and everyone laughs.
"I can tell your the ass of the group, there's always one. Usually it's because you are always in someone's shadow or you have a small penis. In your case, I think it's both." I fire back and everyone laughs
Alex says "she's got your number Jake"
I look at Jake and his eyes are changing color, what the heck! They were green and now they are red.
"Calm down Jake." Natasha says besides him.
"What's going on?" I say. I see him clutching his tray tightly and then I see a hand on his shoulder. I look up to see Coby behind him.
"Do we have a problem here?" He says with so much authority everyone goes quiet in the room.
I look back at Jake but he just stands and faces Coby. He's just a little shorter.
"Tell your girl she needs to keep her trap under control Coby"
"Or else what Jake?"
Jake shoves past Coby and Coby asks "are you okay?"
I shake my head up and down
He walks away
Is he mad at me or Jake or both?
"Anyway, now that the drama queen is gone if you have any other questions Luna feel free to ask me" Natasha smiles at me.
"Are all the women in the pack as nice as you and Nina?"
They all laugh out loud again and I feel stupid again
"What's so funny?"
"There's only 5 women in the pack including you now." Liam replies
"So who's the other girl, I mean I met Nina, Natasha, and Alina. Who's left?"
Just then as if on queue another girl with red hair and green eyes walks in. Now I'm not a lesbian but I can appreciate a good looking girl and this girl is gorgeous.
"Her name is Milah" Alex says in a dreamy voice "but she's not from this pack."
"So weres can visit each others packs?"
"Some of our Elders are in alliance. Not all packs get along."
"So does every pack have a name or something?"
"Yes, our pack is the Flint pack."
"What pack does she come from?"
"The Stantons, she was part of this this pack until she bonded. The girl must leave her pack when she is imprinted and go with her mates pack but is always welcomed back to visit unless the packs are rivals."
Milah looks around and starts walking toward our table.
"Has anyone seen Coby?" She asks
"What do you need him for?" I ask instantly and surprise myself at the harsh tone in my voice
Milah looks at me and smiles
"You must be Luna, Coby has told me so much about you."
"Really because he hasn't mentioned you to me."
She smiles genuinely and it pisses me off more. Okay I'm about to throw down with this bitch. I don't care if she's nice!
She looks to Alex and says "when you see him tell him I'm visiting with his mom and I want to see him."
Before he can respond she walks away
"Can someone tell me who the hell she is to Coby?"
Alex clears his throat and says "she's Coby's ex."
"She just bonded with her mate last year but they uh still keep in touch" Liam offers while scratching the back of his head
I get up and go looking for a certain someone fuming. So he's been "talking" to her about me but I'm stuck in this hell whole without anyone I know!!