「005」

Gojo's phone rings during your meeting and he lets it ring a few times before you kick him from under the table finally making him give in and accept the call.

You tune Satoru out despite the fact that he put the male you saw saved in his phone as Fushiguro, on speaker. After reading through the small number of files given to you by Yaga yesterday you know he is one of the first years and one of Satoru's— you and Satoru's students. Your brought out of your thought by a loud

"An outdoor thermometer box?!" From over the phone. You pause from taking notes on your iPad and gently tap your apple pen against the table as you begin to listen in, a small habit you'd had since you were young. "You're telling me someone's keeping a special-grade cursed object in a place like this?"

Satoru lets out a loud laugh, it's obvious he thinks this is very amusing and you can't help but gaze up at Satoru, blank faced as usual. "Ha ha! Recovering it should be no problem then!"

The line is silent for a second before Fushiguro speaks up again "There's nothing here."

You and Satoru glance at one another, before your attention if placed back on the phone "Huh?" You and Satoru both let out the questioning noise at the same time.

"The box. It's empty."

Satoru is cracking up all over again and you can't help but roll your eyes "For real? That's hilarious!"

"I'm gonna punch you."

"No going home until it's recovered, okay?"

Fushiguro hangs up.

You glance over at Satoru again, "Sounds like he might actually punch you."

Gojo looks over at you "Sorry, but i couldn't let one of my students, no matter, how precious, land a hand on me."

You raise an eyebrow, very much conscious of all the times Satoru's let you land hits on him. "And what about me? You let me land hits on you all the time."

Before you can even move Satoru is leaning over you, his mask pulled down to his neck, those bright blue eyes staring right at you and that damn smirk on his face. His hand is under your chin and you can't tear your eyes away. It's infuriating how attractive he still is. "That's different baby boy. You and me, we still got something special."

Your cheeks grow warm, eyes widening in surprise. "Tch," you regain some control over your body the surprise leaving you as you turn your head away "As if." You push Gojo away and in the next moment he's back in his seat across the table with his mask back on and his arms crossed as if nothing had ever happened.

However he still had that smug smirk. The same one he's worn since even before your years in high school together.

Your eyebrow twitches, Satoru Gojo, you irk my soul!

***

You cross your arms as you watch Satoru, with him browsing around the sweet shop. Your eyes narrow into a glare as you watch the male begin to chat up the woman at the counter, her staring at Satoru with a bright blush on her face.

You walk forward an hand on Satoru's shoulder as you face the woman at the counter. The smirk on Satoru's face grows and an irk mark grows on your forehead knowing how smug he's getting. "Excuse me," You give a friendly smile to the woman at the counter. "But we really must be going now," You pinch the back of Satoru's shoulder out of sight of the woman at the counter "We have pressing matters to attend to."

Her eyes shift from Satoru to you, cheeks tinging darker "O-of course!" She scrambles behind the counter and takes out a bag along with soft tissues to line it with. You watch on as she finishes packing the bag, her slipping a card in. Before she pushes the bag towards you. "There you are," She gives you a bright smile and you return it with a tense smile of your own.