「012」

"First event of the Kyoto sister schools festival: Throbbing exorcism race! A second class curse is released on a pre determined area within college grounds, and the first team to exercise it wins! Various 3rd class and lower curses are also released on this same area, and if this match isn't decided by sunset the team with the most exorcism win! There are no other rules than that!"

Yaga is cut off by your quiet chuckle and Utahime's, not so silent, giggles. However he persist. He knows the hold he has Satoru in is quite comical, especially for the two of you. "Of course this means that attacking the other team is allowed but you guys are comrades in the fight against curses. The point of this festival is to know your companions and yourself. Please proceed to not kill or incapacitate you opponents. The end. You're free until noon." Yaga concludes.

***

The three of you sit down, you and Utahime sitting next to each other, Satoru across from the two of you. Utahime gently places her tea on the table before glancing up at Satoru, "You wanted to talk?"

Satoru stares at the two of you for a second "Why are you both mad?"

Utahime's eyes narrow into a glare "I'm not really mad. Of course I didn't do anything wrong and all." oh, she's mad.

Satoru glances over at you, "And you?" You simply stare at Satoru, an eyebrow raised. He knows he won't get anything out of you right now. "Someone at the college is in contact with a curse user... or a cursed spirit."

Your eyebrows furrow and you open your mouth to interject, however Utahime is already voicing her opinion.

"No way! A user is strange enough, but a cursed spirit!?"

"Stuff at the special grade level has been coming out like it's normal. It could just be a curse user flaunting his power though. I want to ask you to investigate things at the Kyoto side."

Utahime is silent for a second, "And what if I were the spy myself?"

A look comes over Satoru's face as if it's comical, "No way. You're too weak and you don't have the nerves, Utahime."

Without missing a beat Utahime throws her tea at Satoru, him using infinity and not letting the tea even get close to him. "Scary! Hysteric women aren't popular you know!"

"I! Am! Your Senpai!"

You watch the two with a small amused smile on your face back to normal i guess.

Eventually Utahime yells at Satoru until she is satisfied, then she takes her leave. As soon as she leaves Satoru is at your side in less than a second.

"Nanamin,"

"Did you just call Nanami... Nanamin?"

Satoru gives you a grin "Yeah, you like it?"

"No."

"Itadori gave it to him."

"...Yes."

"I knew it! You're attached to the kids already!"

"Just tell me what you were going to say about Nanami, Satoru." You deadpan.

"Fineeeee," Satoru whines. However his demeanor changes as he takes your hand and gently leads you to one of the couches nearby before seating you and kneeling so he's staring up at you, his blindfold coming off somewhere in the process so now it's just resting against his neck. Satoru's only done this twice since you were out of high school. Both times they were bad news about Suguru. "Nanami told me about the movie theatre."

"Oh," it comes out in a whisper. "So you know-?"

"Y/N, you can tell me that it effected you."

Your eyebrows furrow "Satoru... do you not get it? He was dead. Itadori died." He opens his mouth to interject but you cut him off "Don't worry about me for a second think about Megumi. He watched Itadori die but two months later he's back as if nothing happened! He must be so traumatized. Think of what you've done! And what of Nobara? You should've told us..." Tears are springing up in your eyes and you feel your lower lip tremble your next sentence coming out in a whisper "You should've at least told me."

"Y/N-"

You stand up abruptly, "I have to go." You don't even listen to Satoru instead summoning 'nothing' ready to just hide out in your room for a while. "Satoru." You call out, him staring at you "I'm glad that, at the very least, you trained him. Prepare him for the horrors he will face." And with that you're gone.

***

You, Satoru, and Utahime are seated next to one another with Satoru in the middle with a mere minute until the sister school exchange begins.

"One minute until the even starts! Now let us hear some lovely words of encouragement from Utahime sensei!" Satoru enthusiastically thrust the speaker towards the woman who obviously didn't expect to be put into the mic.

"Hah?! um..err.." She can't refuse. Utahime accepts the mic however she throws an obvious glare in Satoru's direction, even if said male acts like he didn't see it. "Uh... it can't be helped if some of you get hurt... but you know... help each other and such..."

"Time's up!" Satoru enthusiastically cheers as he snatches the mic from Utahime's hand.

"Wha- hey, Gojo!"

He plows on as if he hadn't heard her. "Y/N's turn!"

You take the mic completely from Satoru's hold "Do your best."

"Is that it?" (Satoru)

"Yes."

"Alright~ Well in that case- Now the sister school's tournament..." He pauses to add dramatic effect. "Staart!!"

You watch as each team takes off. It doesn't take long before the first match takes place. It seems as if it would be between Maki and a low grade cursed spirit however Todo comes crashing through the trees taking out the curse in the process. Todo tempts the entire team to fight him at once but, the newly found to be alive, Itadori quickly makes himself Todo's only target as he knees him in the face while the other Tokyo students take off further into the forest.

You watch on, ignoring the other frames, fascinated by the two's fight. It was intriguing. At least until Todo asked Itadori the same vulgar question that he threw at you moments before you began the mission when he went along with you for his mission to see if he was capable of being a grade one sorcerer, "What kind of girl is your type?" You stop right then and there, not even caring for Itadori's answer, instead you turn to s different screen, this one broadcasting a fight between Inumaki and a curse. After witnessing it you must confess, his cursed technique is amazing. However your eyes are dragged back to the Todo v Itadori fight as the rest of the Kyoto students flood the screen.

--

A/N:
Sorry about the long wait. Just had somethings going on.