「015」

"...And that's that." You say, watching closely for the reactions of the students in front of you.

"Whaddaya think? Should we continue the event?" Satoru ask from beside you.

Itadori closes his eyes, you can't help but wonder what he's thinking. While Yuji was the newest to this world he seems to be the one with the strongest ideals on death. It is... interesting to you the way he processes this part of being a jujutsu sorcerer.

However when Todo speaks he steals the attention away, "When you put it like that then yeah, we should continue."

Yuji let's out an exhumation of Todo's name as everyone in the room looks to the hulking form sitting on the couch across from Miwa.

"What makes you say that?" Satoru questions.

"First off, mourning is reserved for people who are intimate with those who have passed away therefore it's none of our concern. Second, if there were fatalities, what is is expected of us is to get stronger! Our circumstances now dictate that we look at results. To suffer defeat or experience victory— we grow regardless. Results are important because they are unwavering."

"Todo senpai is actually pretty reliable." You hear Miwa whisper over to Mai

"Uh-huh. He's reliably crazy!" The twins response causes a small smile to come over your face.

"Third!" The smile drops as your attention is returned to Todo "That unsettled feeling of having unfinished business during their school days will stick with them until the day they die!"

Satoru deadpans at Todo, "How old are you again?"

Fushiguro and Nobara both say their agreements, assured in themselves and the other tokyo second years that they'd win. Kamo sites his agreement with Todo and agrees on behalf of Kyoto as well.

"So," You announce, the eyes of the room drawing back to you "No objections?"

"Salmon." Inumaki affirms.

"Are the pairings for the individual portion drawn at random?"

You and Satoru look at each other in confusion "Huh?"

"Oh!" Satoru says, a small grin on his face "We're not doing that this year!" Satoru tosses the box the two teachers thought their slips of papers declaring individual battles were to take place on the second day. "I don't like routines."

Itadori goes to open the box and as he does you and Satoru slip out of the building. You having already seen the two principles rush in as soon as Satoru took out the box. "Baseball?!" Yaga reads off the slip you replaced.

"Satoru! Get back here!"

However the two of you are already put of the building. But that doesn't mean Yaga wasn't yelling loud enough that you two couldn't hear him.

"I like the way you think y/n."

You look at Satoru, a small grin on your lips "I'm surprised you hadn't thought of it first."

"Y'know," Before you know it your wrapped up in his arms, his blue eyes staring into your own e/c one's. His hand wrapped right around your waist and you pressed up against his body. "You're a little too rebellious when you're around me. Even though everyone else thinks you're such a goody two shoes." He maneuvers one hand so he can caress your cheek and your still stuck, just staring. "It's nice to know you still have that rebellious streak in you."

You're still staring into his blue eyes, his mask once more discarded halfway down his neck "Yeah..." You feel absolutely breathless. As a teenager if Satoru ever did this a make out session was in his future. But the two of you are not teens anymore. You blink. "We, uh." You clear your throat as you continue staring up at Satoru. He makes it so hard for you to just do what you intended to. "We should go prepare for the baseball game..." You trail off at the end still staring up at Satoru.

"Just let me do something first."

Satoru brings you close and before you know it your pushing against him in order to connect your lips. It takes Satoru no time to respond him quickly moving his lips along with yours. Your hands move by themselves as they come to rest on his chin pulling him down to you as the two of you continue to kiss.

It last for a while before a burn in your lungs makes you part from Satoru. You open your eyes, not even realizing they'd closed and stare at Satoru his blue eyes already peering into your soul. "How long have you wanted to do that?" Even he sounds breathless.

"Long enough," and with that you pull yourself away from Satoru and head towards the baseball field.

***

You observe the baseball game closely. Just a little amused when Maki intentionally pitched the ball to an off guard Todo, nailing him in the cheek and sending him careening to the ground.

"Nice pitch!" x5 Funnily enough it was mostly the students from Kyoto, with the addition of Megumi and Nobara, that called that out to Maki.

This little interaction doesn't last long and the game is quick to resume. The outcome is a 2-0 win. Tokyo once again takes the games. You can only hope Nobara won't be too upset when she is once again in Tokyo for the games next year.

Satisfied with the game you begin your trek back to the teachers dorms. You pay no mind to Yaga and Gakuganji as you pass them, your head held high. Ignoring Gakuganji's rumbles of regretting putting you and Satoru together again, Yaga only sighs.

You make it to the dorms quickly Satoru already waiting for you in the entrance hallway.

"What is it that you need Satoru?"

"I want a re-do."

You sigh, you should have expected this. "Of what, Satoru."

His mask is back up but you can feel the way he eyes you. He's observing your every move as if your on a battleground. He's done this since your were first years, anytime he has something to ask he knows won't go over well he always observes the body language.

"Of my apology."

That gives you pause, Satoru is not one to apologize. Much less twice. "For?" You prompt.

"Itadori. You were right. I shouldn't have kept it from you all. Especially not you."

You bow your head and let out a deep sigh, "Satoru. Not right now, alright? We can further discuss this in the morning."

You attempt to push pash Satoru but he stops you. "Y/n, I think we should talk about it now."