「009」

Your hands trembles as you hold the ipad. You knew it. You knew something was off when both you and Satoru were sent out to take care of some curses that seemed way too easy to take down in the first place. But you just had to go.

You'd just gotten all three of them together and this had already happened. Your eyes scan the top of the report once more. Surely, this had to be a mistake.

Record — July 2018, Nishi-Tokyo city.
Eishuu reform school, above the field.

A potentially high grade, vengeful ghost <Name undecided>.

Several non-shamans were confirmed to have seen the cursed womb. Due to the urgency of the situation, three fists year students from the magic college were dispatched. Within that group... One is dead.

It was a potential high grade curse. The heighest grade there was Megumi and he was only a second grade. Hell, Yuji doesn't even know how to use cursed energy! How the hell was he supposed to-

You remember what Satoru had told you "The higher-ups want to execute Yuji immediately. Y/N we're going to have to protect him at all cost." He wasn't supposed to.

You knew going on that mission that something was wrong. You grit your teeth, you throwing the ipad onto the ground as you glare holes into the wall in front of you. There was one thing obvious to the suit who'd given you the iPad, and was that you were seething in anger. Of course it was a fucking set up.

You quickly use nothing and step through. If the suit got all the way here without you they could get wherever the hell they came from without you too.

***

The first thing anyone noticed was that the ground was shaking. At first, they assumed it was a curse. But then they were inside Tengen's barrier so that wasn't possible. The next option was an earthquake but with the barrier that was also out of the equation.

Then, they saw you.

It was obvious to anyone that you were pissed. Beyond pissed really. You were livid. Luckily for everyone. Satoru himself decided to see what all the shaking was about.

He'd only seen you like this once before but that was when... that was a long time ago.

"Y/N." Satoru puts his hands on your shoulders. He was sure you'd put it together by now. In all honesty he didn't expect you to be this mad about Yuji. But it also wasn't surprising. Yuji was a child in your eyes. You'd always thought children should live long lives and be as happy as possible. "It was him."

You glance up at Satoru "Should I kill all the higher ups? I don't know which ones in particular, but getting rid of them should take care of the whole problem, right." As you say that a tree branch, that seems a little too sharp popped out of the ground.

"Let's go y/n. We have to talk to Shouko." Your hands are shaking again. But at least it wasn't the ground anymore.

The two of you head to the morgue. The only sounds is the quiet tapping of the two of you's shoes as you head further inside. Your eyes land on a body covered in a sheet Ijichi standing in front of it, his head tilted downwards, shoulders sagging, and hands crossed in front of him.

"It was on purpose wasn't it?" You ask a question but your tone says everything. You already know the answer.

"You say that but-" Ijichi's voice is shaking. He already knew what he was in for when he came here.

"Dispatching first years to rescue five people with unclear information on whether they were dead or alive? And on top of that, making them go up against a high-grade opponent," a sarcastic laugh leaves you "It's unreal."

"Y/N and I did the impossible and granted Yuji an indefinite postponement on his death penalty. What's really messed up is that you stealthily disposed of him in our absence, with the help of a high-grade curse. That's what this is, isn't it? Even if the other two died, you thought doing something to spite me would be killing two birds with one stone, didn't you?" Satoru questions. Even though Ijichi can't see Satoru's eyes he knows that he is shooting him a glare. And the way you're looking at Ijichi as if you want to rip him limb from limb in the most painful way possible doesn't help the poor suit at all.

Under the two's gaze Ijichi starts to visibly tremble. "No, but when dispatch was decided... no one expected it to become high-grade."

Satoru is not listening "Finding the perpetrator is also troublesome." Satoru turns his gaze to you "Shall we go ahead and kill those guys at the top?"

At first Ijichi didn't see how you and Satoru dated in high school. Him seeing how the two of you were now didn't really see how it may have worked. However the dark look in your eye, and the dark aura that consumed the two of you. He saw it. Not only were the two of you completely out of your minds but you were also, terrifyingly so, on the same page with out so much as a glance to one another.

"Yes." Ijichi had only seen you so terrifyingly emotionless once before, and that was last year when-

"It's rare to see the two of you so emotional, y/n even more so. The two of you were really fond of him, huh?"

Your obvious anger faded slowly as you eye your friend since your first year "Shouko." But just because your angry aura went away, didn't mean you weren't still angry. Oh no. You were still livid.

"Well, I am a nice guy who's always fond of his students."

Shouko sends the two of you a small smile as she walks towards the two of you, her twirling her hair as she goes. "Don't pick on Ijichi too much. It's hard having to stand between us and higher-ups."

"I don't give a damn about guys' hardships." Satoru says, anger creeping back into his tone.

Shouko blankly looks from the two of you to Ijichi before shrugging and walking away. Her heading to the corpse of Yuji.

"And... this is..." She pulls back the cover to reveal Yuji, the giant hole on his chest, along with the dried blood around said hole make it obvious to anyone who didn't know what happened why he died. "Sukuna's host, right? I can dissect him however I want, right?"

Satoru glances towards you, his hand reaching out and grasping yours in reassurance. "Make use of him." You croak out.

"I will. Who do you think you're talking to."

You squeeze Satoru's hand before letting go of it and standing up. "I'll take my leave now."