「014」

You, Utahime, and the Kyoto principal all step into the enemy's screen, you first glance around to the empty entrance in front of you before glancing behind you. You know Satoru is more than capable of taking care of himself, but you still worry.

You let out a small sigh and face forward again, the sound of shoes tapping against the cobblestone echoing in your ears.

There's a strong cursed presence, a special grade cursed spirit is somewhere around here. "Tsk, can't even get one day to relax." You mumble to yourself.

Finally the taps on the cobblestone reveal itself to be a male, tall but not too close in height to Satoru, he seems to have black paint over his eyes, as a makeshift, and pretty pointless, mask. He's shirtless with an apron covering his front, work boots, and some pants. In his right hand, an axe.

"Hey hey hey..." As he catches sight of the three of you his volume increases "Hey hey hey hey!!" He stops halfway down the staircase and tries to pull what you assume is supposed to be a menacing look "Where is Gojo Satoru?"

He's a curse user, he's not the cause of the unknown presence, however he is strong.

Once the unknown curse user seems to realize none of you are Satoru and that none of you are going to say anything about his whereabouts he begins to mumble to himself. "That stinky baldie... He tricked me."

"Utahime, y/n, the two of you go on ahead. The safety of the students is out top priority Avoid fighting as much as you can." Yoshinobu says.

The old man speaking seems to cause the curse user to redirect his attention to you all, him gesturing with his axe at the three of you, "Wait, wait! Let me at least kill the two young ones! I cant build anything with an old man's frail bones and wrinkly skin!"

As the old man sheds the outer layer of his nagajuban revealing a punk rock shirt underneath, an electric guitar being summoned from who knows where. "Whether they're frail... you can check after you kill me."

The curse user seems dissatisfied "Come back after you drink some milk, you decrepit old man."

You have to give the curse user props, his use of adding the decrepit part did earn him a gold star in your book. However you no longer cared and simply wondered around the two as he advanced on the old principal.

Once you and Utahime got passed the two both of you split up you heading into the forest. You place a hand to the dirt a peculiar flower blooming before withering away as it does it bleeds into the ground, giving you a location of everything in the area of the domain, just as you commanded.

You stand up, dusting your hand off and heading to a river where Maki and Megumi were engaging with the special grade.

At least you'd intend to do so, until another curse was barreling at you. You barely having time to react. You quickly make a shield of flowers grow the stems tangling together to strengthen the power of the shield. It was hasty and weak to your standards but it was enough for now. This curse was weak, possibly a semi first grade. Nothing you couldn't take care of, however it did get the jump on you. It didn't take you too long and after entrapping it in your vines it only took a simple flick of the wrist to exorcise it.

Once again you crouch to the dirt, only for a shock to run down your spine. You hastily stand up and back away from the area you were in. Not even a few seconds later is there a large crater through where you were standing, and it went far enough that it went through a few mountains as well. You purse your lips and crane your neck upwards, the screen was gone. Of course this was all Satoru's doing. However something wasn't right.

You let out a heavy sigh and turn on your heels back to the entrance. Whatever the hell was here had been handled for the time being. But, something was off. It didn't feel like it was even close to being over. Matter of fact you're fairly sure whatever the hell this is, it's only just beginning.

***

Ijichi stands before all of the active sorcerers who were present during the attack during the sister schools festival, reading off a list that confirmed the suspicion you had while everything was occurring.

"Human casualties are as follows. Three second grade sorcerers, one semi first grade sorcerer, five auxiliary managers, and two storage attendants, sorcerers waiting at the school and those who were moving separately from Gojo and principal Yaga. We're waiting on word from Ieiri, but the fact that the curse Nanami fought is involved is basically confirmed."

Satoru let's out an annoyed, and very loud "Tch!" Making it very clear on how he feels.

"Should we share this information with the students and other sorcerers?" Utahime questions.

"No." Yoshinobu is quick with his response.

"It should be kept secret among the higher ups. We don't want curse users knowing that a special grade cursed object was stolen." Yaga adds on. Yaga glances up at Ijichi as he ask his next question, "Have we gotten anything out of the captured curse user?"

Ijichi let's out a small sigh as he gently taps the side of his head with the end of his pen "It's not that he's stubborn. He's just spewing out incoherent nonsense. According to him he was involved with the attack because he made a deal and was under orders." Ijichi quotes the curse users words "I wanted to make a hanger rack. And I don't know that monks name. That monk kid with the white hair, I don't even know if it's a he or she." Your brow furrows, an androgynous monk child... it sounded somewhat familiar but you had not a clue why.

-