02

Acel D'Aboville's POV

The grey suit jacket landed on the chair in front of my desk. I poured the whiskey into my glass, sighing heavily after a long day of working with my impossible employees.

Resting my head on the back of the chair, I closed my tired eyes thinking of my family at home. I haven't seen them in nearly two days since I left for a business trip. I was supposed to go home this morning but they just had to do something that I, again, had to fix.

I would be leaving for home tonight but I wanted to rest my eyes, if only for a few minutes. Almost into a dose the ringing of my phone had me wide awake. Looking to the impossibly bright screen with squinted eyes, I saw that it was an unknown number.

Groaning, I answered expecting it to be one of my employees but it wasn't. "Hello is this D'Aboville?" The man said through the phone, my last name mispronounced.

"D'Aboville, yes." I answered stoically correcting him.

"Apologies but I was advised to call you in case of any useful information to you." He continued.

"What is this, get to the point." I said, irritable from my lack of sleep.

"We solved your investigation that was closed 9 years ago here in Spain. We ran test with the DNA of yours that was in the database and we've found your daughter Mr. D'Aboville." He said my name slowly as he tried to get it correct.

I sat up in my chair with a start only just recognizing his words. My daughter? What is she doing in Spain?

"Hello?" He called over the silent line.

"Yes, I'm here, what's her name?" I asked, this could be another false hope, like every other time.

"Sloan Alvarez." Sloan, my baby girl.

"I know no Alvarez how do I know this isn't another lie?" I asked still not wanting to get my hopes up.

"I assure you sir it isn't; the DNA test came back 99.9%. I will send you the location to the police station where you can come and see for yourself." He explained slowly.

"To this number, I'll be there tomorrow." I said, my thoughts racing with 'what if's'.

As he hung up, I got up from my chair grabbing my jacket and stalking out my office. In the car I told my driver to take me to the airport instead of home. Usually, I drove my own car but Blaise demanded I have a driver when I went on long business trips, knowing I would be too tired to drive.

My mind went back to his words as we navigated through the busy streets of New York. 99.9%. If this was in fact accurate and not another joke, I would finally have my daughter back. My heart ached every time I looked in my son's eyes, the same eyes of his twin.

Though we were a happy family, the longing for our daughter and their first sister could never leave. Nolan smiled and laughed but under all that was a sadness that nothing besides the presence of his twin could rectify. Enora filled that space by only a small amount but nothing could ever replace Sloan, nothing at all.

The ringing of my phone broke me from my reverie. Pulling it from my inner jacket pocket, I answered without looking this time.

"Acel, are you coming home today?" My wife asked, sounding bored out of her mind.

"No, I have to go to Spain tonight and then I'll be home tomorrow, well most likely." I said to her. As much as I didn't want to get her hopes up, she had a right to know about her own daughter.

"Spain? You don't have business in Spain and no mafia alliances neither." She said softly, picking up on quickly.

"I don't but I got a call tonight about. They said that they found Sloan, I'm going to see if it's true." I explained quietly.