32

Sloan's POV

Emme and I walk back into the house a long while later, the sky pitch black. His arm was wrapped around my shoulder, our hair damp as he leaned down to whisper something in my ear making my eyes widen slightly.

Holding his neck I leaned up to his ear whispering my response as we continue walking inside. A throat clearing breaks us from our little bubble of lust. Turning I see Maria sitting on the couch next to my mother and father.

"Sloan! Why did you have me waiting so long to see you?" Maria asked me walking up to me and giving me a tight hug.

"Sorry Maria time really just passed by." I say to her watching as her creased brows eased out slightly noticing my damp hair.

"I should've known you would be there." She says smiling at me lovingly before hugging me again.

"Okay, okay, I'm done now. Who is this?"

"Emmanuel meet Maria, Maria, Emmanuel." I say gesturing between the two, he offers her his hand which she grabs pulling him into a tight hug.

His eyes widen in surprise as he hugs her back politely. Pulling away she grabs his face staring into his eyes.

"Mar-"

She cuts me off slapping my hand away, "Now listen to me boy, you break her heart you will have to deal with me. Understand?"

He nods his head eyes widen in shock and a hint of fear, "Yes I understand."

"Good. You may carry on now." With that she pats his cheek before taking her seat again. My parents sit there staring in shock at the small woman. She may be small but she didn't take shit from no one.

Walking along pulling Emme with me Blaise shouts at me finally snapping out of her stupor, "Dry your hair Sloan I don't want you getting sick. You too Emmanuel."

"Yes mama." I answer walking up the stairs to my room pulling Emmanuel along when he tugs on my hand half way there stopping me, I turn to him.

"I need to get some clothes when I'm dressed I'll come."

"Okay." I say nodding letting his hand go. I continue to my room taking a much needed shower before changing into some nightwear and blow dry my hair. Laying under my duvet I wait for Emme to come to my room before I go to sleep.

When I hear a knock on the door I roll my eyes before saying, "Come in," he walked in with cotton fleece shorts on and a white t-shirt. Walking over to my bed he climbs under the duvet holding his arm wide as I make myself comfortable beside him.

"You don't have to knock you know." I said to him closing my eyes enjoying his light and airy presence.

"I know but I still should and will do it." He said not sounding like he was ever going to change his mind.

I nod my head at him slipping off into a dose easily after a long day. His fingers brush along my cheek gently, lulling me into sleep faster.

"You're so beautiful." Is the last thing I hear before I was gone in a dreamless sleep.

I wake up slowly cuddling closer onto Emmanuel's chest. Opening my eyes I raise my head resting my chin on his chest watching as he slept, he looked so peaceful. Brushing fingers along his thick eyebrows I admire his intricate features that are so attractive.

His arms tightened around me his hands running through my hair gently. As his eyes open and focus on me he smiles sleepily at me. 

"Good morning." He whispered to me his hands still playing in my hair.