Bonus Chapter 02

This is 3 years later so Sloan and Emmanuel are both 20 years old.

Emmanuel's POV

I sit at the end of the bed holding my head in my hands. Horrible thought running through my head.

I had a break from college so I've been home for at least a week now. I have to go back in at least two weeks time and then I'd be gone for another 3 months.

My time spent away from Sloan was filled with eminence studying and never ending work that the lecturers gave us. I chose to go to Yale Law school to future my studies with the help of my mother and the money that was just sitting in Richard's bank account.

When Richard was alive I spent all my time in my room not wanting to be in his line of sight to risk the chance of being his punching bag. So with nothing else to do I devoted myself to my school work and here I am in my second year of Yale aiming to be a successful lawyer.

Last night when I came over to Sloan's house I was excited to see her. The last time I did was when she came to my dorm and that was about a month ago.

She was a bit distant last night, answering me with short clipped answers. She didn't even smile when she saw me. To top it all off she called it quits when we were just about to have sex.

I listened to her even though I was unbelievably turned on. What struck me is that when we were going to sleep she suggested that I slept in the guest room.

I was so confused as to why because we haven't been together for a month and normally when I got back she would be all over me, literally.

When I woke up this morning she was no where to be seen. Her bed was made and the entire place was empty, not a trace of her lingered anywhere.

Now I sit her in complete confusion as to what happened between us. The last time I spoke to her on the phone was about a week ago because this last week of school was too busy for me to even get a break to make a call.

Did I say something?

Was I too blunt when I said I wanted to have sex with her?

Did she think I was cheating on her because I never called?

Was she cheating on me?

The thought alone made the colour drain from my face in horror. What if Cullen came back when I was gone? Maybe she got tired of me always being away for so long and she moved on.

I groaned in frustration pushing the horrid thoughts to the back of my head. I stand up from the bed, grabbing my phone off the charger before walking out my room to the kitchen.

No one was up here so I made a quick sandwich before heading down to the main house. I walked around aimlessly, the guards nodding at me occasionally in greeting.

"Hey Emmanuel, I didn't know you were back yet." Andre said walking to me, falling in line with my steps.

"Yeah I came back a few days now but I had to help my mother with somethings so I only came over last night." I answered smiling at him.

Ever since I became a frequent guest in this house I had become good friends with Sloan's friends. She didn't seem to mind either because it kept them away from always bothering her.

"Good to have you back because Sloan is so moody these days. She almost shot me the other day." He said exasperated.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked him.

"I don't know man, maybe it's just one of her low times." He said truthfully.

"Maybe."

"What's on your mind?" He asked me, recognizing my halfhearted mood.