28

Emmanuel's POV

It's been three weeks since I've last seen or heard from Sloan. For a week a I called and it would just ring that was until it stopped ringing and just went straight to voicemail. As pathetic as it sounded I call every night and leave a long voicemail telling her all about my day and how much I missed her.

Non of her friends have been to school since then, neither her siblings. I guess mom was right, she did leave me just like that, with no goodbye or anything.

There's a small voice in my head everytime I think that, saying that my mother's words weren't true. I honestly didn't want to believe that she did do that to me.

I sat in class staring at her empty seat, thinking of when she looked at me, her first day here. She was so beautiful yet so mysterious, she drew me in even though I played it out like I was uninterested, I'm glad she was so persistent.

"Hello Emmanuel." Vanessa says from beside me. Since Richard had die I could finally have three full squares meal a day, causing my face to full out slightly, putting on weight that I turned into muscle. I exercised everyday since I had been back and free, adding to the minimal ones I had before.

I jogged every morning before doing a series of workouts for my abs and arms. I've wanted to be fit, to feel better  physically and mentally.

But I knew that everytime I did a session my motivation was always to look good enough for Sloan, so I could impress her for once. My new appearance drew some unwanted attention though, not the attention I was longing for.

Ignoring her I look back at my school tab. Listening to the teacher I follow along in the notes with what she was saying. Then I felt hands in my hair, moving my head away from her hands roughly I glare at her. She smiles at me shyly acting innocent, I turn back to my tab officially annoyed.

"Come on Emme you-"

"Don't call me that," I cut her off my voice filled with so much venom. Only one person calls me Emme.

Her eyes widen in shock before she scoffs and turns back to her friends.

When school was over I walked to the gym where I got hired as a towel boy. Really nothing big but I saw it on my way to school the other day and thought why not.

After work as I walked home I saw a black Mercedes Benz G-Wagon in front of my house. Passing by I try to look inside not succeeding because of the excessively dark tint.

Who the hell is that?

Walking into my house I hear the chatter of a male voice and my mom talking. As I walk into the kitchen I see my mom laughing at whatever the man had said.

Ambrose?

"Your too sweet." she says smiling at him.

"Oh Emmanuel your friend here asked me if he could take you away for a few days. Some family vacation they want to take you on and I said yes."

Family vacation?

Locking eyes with Ambrose he stares at me intensely, silently telling me to play along.

"Oh yeah I forgot about that, sorry."

"That's alright, I already packed your bags for you, knowing how forgetful you can be." She smiles at me before gently pushing me out the kitchen to the door where I now notice the two duffel bags.

"Have fun. When will he be coming back?" She asked Ambrose.

"I can't say ma'am it's a sporadic trip but it will be no more than a month ma'am." He says to her politely.