VII

Asterin-

After I rode Narene around Prythian for a few hours sleep was basically useless.

Once I took the 10,000 stairs back up I took a bath and changed into black shirt embroidered with gold, and some back pants and boots.

I let my hair fall loosely down my back with my leather band still visible.

Dawn was coming soon,  I was gonna go help the six females that Cassian and Azriel were training.

I sat down on my bed to clean my two Asterion blades that stole 57 years ago. For all I know my sword was still at one of the Crochan camps. I had name it Elidi, it was a name based off the sun that called me off to battle ever day.

Once I finished with my twin blades I watched the morning sun creep over the mountains. There was always this sentence that I always think about when I watch the sun.

The morning sun is a new beginning to something, you Asterin are my sun, my new beginning

I never remembered who said it, I only had two thoughts, the Hunter at the cabin or my mother.

I knew one sentence that the Hunter had told me that made me feel like I had a reason to exist.

          Your eyes are a starflecked night, each of those stars will hold a memory that we had together.

I sheathed my two blades and made my way down to the table to talk with Cass, Az, or Nesta. I usually went hunting for fresh meat instead of eating what the house had. I could eat it but it wasn't my favorite.

I turned to the dining room where Nesta already sat, "Hello Nesta," I greeted sitting at the table.

"Are you going to show us how the Ironteeth fight?" Nesta asked as she took a spoonful of porridge.

"I wasn't planning to but if you're up for it, why not?" I smiled.

"Thank you," Nesta said, "I want to show the Illyrians at Windhaven that we will be stronger than them,"

"I want to see them eat dirt," I smiled.

"And we'll do just that," Nesta chuckled softly.

Soon Cassian and Azriel made their way to  the table for their breakfast.

"Asterin is going to teach us the way Ironteeth fight," Nesta said taking a bite of her eggs.

Cassian rose a brow and looked at me, "Really?"

"Why not, it's not like I've got anything better to do," I hummed.

"Mother help us," Azriel muttered. He probably still remembered that time when I kicked his ass.

"I'd like to see that," Cassian mused from where he sat.

My mind buzzed, these people that I was around.. they felt like family. But what of Manon and the other witches at my true home? What of the eleven others in my coven.

I wanted to stay dearly but I had to get back, I couldn't let Manon live the rest of her life thinking I was dead.. could I?