XII

Asterin-

  As Ghislaine and I stepped into the inner dimension she took a look at the twenty six gates then rose an eyebrow.

"Is something wrong?" I asked as she looked around al the gates.

"I just came from the fifteenth dimension and Prythian is the fourth dimension, right?" She asked as she started looking through one of her Wyvern's saddlebags.

".. Yes, why? Is there something wrong?" I asked as she pulled out a necklace.

All she said was, "Look at the seventh gate," then I saw what she meant.

"Wha- How?" I stumbled over words as I saw that the seventh gate was unlocked.

Ghislaine held out the necklace in her palm, "You know how you told me about the orb that took you to the fifteenth dimension.. I think this necklace unlocked the seventh dimension. I can see it as being true because when I found it.. it seems odd," Ghislaine said in complete awe.

I blinked for and for a moment I stood still feeling the magic and power radiate off the necklace, "Lin," I croaked out.

"I feel Lin in it," I said my voice becoming more solid.

Ghislaine nodded, "Let's not waste another moment then Asterin," She said as she walked to the gate, I was right by her side.

I have a quick chuckle, "Now I have to assign Lin something once we get her to Prythian,"

Ghislaine's shoulder shook with slight laughter as she held the necklace and placed it into the carving that matched.

The gate creaked open reeves long a realm full of samurai and wild looking beast that reminded me slightly of the Ilken.

"Shit.." Ghislaine muttered, "How are we going to find Lin in this mess?"

I merely shrugged my shoulders, "She likes swords so I guess this realm was fitting for her," I joked and Ghislaine slapped my shoulder.

"Anyways, let's go," I said taking my sister's hand and jumping into the seventh realm.

As soon as we touched the ground we grabbed our blades and unsheathed out cruel nails.

"We might have to fight our way through this," I said with a vicious smile as we bolted in the midst of the battle.

We dodged and killed whatever came out our way as we looked for our fellow witch.

"I- I think we should head west— I could've sworn I saw something over there," Ghislaine said between breaths as she sliced a beasts head off.

"Ok, let's go," I said as I turned my direction of battle west where Ghislaine had said.

As soon as we made it west I saw mauled bodies of beasts, this was definitely Lin's style if she used her iron nails.

"I think your right that she's near here!" I yelled over to Ghislaine who was about ten feet away from me.

"Let's just keep going at it from around this area!" She hollered back.

Moments after Ghislaine's reply a nightly flap came overhead and I figured came down with a smile on her face.

"I never thought I'd see any of you again!" Lin chuckled as she sliced more beasts leaving the samurai alone.