XVIII

Asterin-

Over the next few months we had gotten every one. All that we were missing was our queen. Our leader.

All of us had decided to meet somewhere around the Dawn Court. Thea, Kaya, and Vesta had found it to be a quieter and more peaceful region.

I flew Narene around the Dawn Court. It was very pretty.

I often wonder if the Wastes look anything like this. I hope it is something similar, I don't really care to much because once my sisters and I get back it will be home.

I saw a few Wyvern's over to where we were supposed to meet. I turned Narene down to the hills where everyone else was.

Narene huffed as I dismounted her and grabbed the various books that I had placed on her the night before.

"Hello Asterin," Vesta greeted as she flipped through the pages of her book.

"I still can't believe that maybe today we will be heading home!" Asterin

"It's crazy to think that we haven't been back to Erilea in almost a year," Vesta replied, examining a page in her book, "I also thought Imogen would smile at the big nope,"

Asterin chuckled, "So who are we waiting on?"

"Lin, Faline, Fallon, and Ghislaine,"  Edda said from behind me.

"The demon twins and Lin are coming very soon though," Briar finished.

I nodded and looked up at the sky where shire enough, three Wyverns were coming down.

"Ghislaine is trying to get away from the High Lord," Vesta chuckled.

"Poor woman," Asterin joked.

Asterin walked around the area talking with her sisters as they waiting for Ghislaine's arrival.

"I wonder," Sorrel mused, "What will Manon's reaction be to see that we're alive even though she saw us die,"

"We have yet to find out," Kaya hummed as she messed around with a necklace, "I hope she forgives us though,"

"Me too," Sorrel agreed.

Finally Ghislaine's figure came into view as she landed her Wyvern.

"Mother, that took a while," She huffed is she unstrapped various scrolls from her mount.

"Finally, took Helion long enough to let you leave!" Lin groaned.

"At least we're all here now," Thea countered.

"Let's hurry up with this, the sun is already setting," Ghislaine said as she walked over to the group.

"That still confuses me," Imogen muttered.

"Alright, page 846 in this book says 'To travel major realms, it requires blue blood and magic. Spells of other books are scattered," Ghislaine read from her many books.

"Mine here says, 'A drop of blue blood from each traveler will be enough to take them anywhere," I read from the book I had picked up the first week of being here at Prythian.

"Here, this is the symbols that need to be made, and the spells," Faline pointed out from one of the scrolls.

"Shit, that looks complex," Sorrel muttered.

"Here, let me," Imogen said as she grabbed the scroll from Faline's hands and examined it, "I'll be able to do this,"

Imogen grabbed a dagger and began drawing the complex pattern into the soil. We all watched with awe with Imogen's precision.

"Alright, your blood goes right in here," She said as she shit out on of her nails and let a drop of blue blood fall in the little pit that she carved out.

The rest of us took our turns putting a drop of our blood in until it looked like a little blue blood pond.

Once the process was done it was midnight, "Alright, according to what under the spell says it says that the portal won't last for too long so quick pack up your shit and mount up,"

We quickly obeyed, strapping our books and scrolls away and getting in our saddles.

"Thy who cross the realms," Lin began, "shall be treated like the gods, but them who fail to make it cross, shall be banished to hell,"

The Thirteen looked up at the growing portal, "Now!" I yelled as I kicked Narene into a run with the rest of them behind me.

For a few moments I saw realms upon realms pass before we stopped and everything felt normal.

The smell of Ardalan filled my nose.
We were back.