PROLOGUE

Ace Williams

"What are you talking about? Come to the point and don't waste my time." I grumbled to my uncle, Steve who sighed sitting down on the chair opposite my desk.

"Weren't the Browns one of our most trusted partners?" I nodded, eyeing a paper. "But now they have a debt they can't pay us?" I nodded again, not looking up as I continued my work.

"They are extremely sorry and to win our trust back, they are willing to hand their daughter in for marriage."

....I blinked thrice before looking up at him.

"....What did you say right now?"

"I am saying, you have to marry their eldest daughter." This is ridiculous.

"I don't wanna marry any girl. I don't want that kind of trust between us and Browns." I said firmly, hoping he got the hint and would drop it.

He didn't.

"I want it." Huh? I looked up to face his wrinkled face, his soft lines turning a bit harsh as his brown eyes glared right into my grey ones.

"Ace do you have any idea how old you are turning?"

"Yes, 27 this September. And who is saying that to whom?" I wondered out loud making him growl deeply. He always got riled up quick.

Steve took a deep breath, trying to calm his soon to come outburst. "Yes, you are turning 27 and you need a wife. That girl is perfect, I met her."

"So she already agreed?" He nodded. That was strange. No one in their right mind would marry a person they barely know, unless they were here for a fuck.

In that case, they are not gonna get it from me.

"Don't think too much, there is no way out." Steve warned. Bullshit.

"Is this a business marriage or arranged one? Because as I remember they did pay us back." I stated, to which now he smiled. "It's an arranged one. Yes, they did pay us back, and the polite girl with their parents came to apologize. She is perfect for you, Ace. You will not regret this."

Blah blah blah blah blah. He kept advertising the girl more, to a point I finally had enough.

"Okay."

"O - okay? Okay what?" Steve snapped. "I just agreed to this crap." His eyebrows shot up in surprise and then broke out in a grin.

"Trust me, this is good for you." Trust? Really now?

He left, leaving me with my works. A lot more typing later I realized I was zoning off.

I sighed, shutting my laptop and turned my chair to look out the glass window. The world seem rushed yet at peace. It was almost evening and families started to pack their picnic to go home. Couples littered the streets, holding hands and bags, some with kids, others with their parents...

What would it be like to have a wife?

I have maids to cook me amazing food, to clean my mansion, to iron my clothes. I can have whores whenever I want. I can watch movies with my friends.

What will the married title give me? A lot of news for paparazzi for a while. What else would a wife give that all the others around me can?

Wait, I would get nothing rather than have a gold-digger on my head. Why did I agree?

....shit.

_________________________________

And that's Ace for all😉