16. Mom's on Line

Athena

I pouted again as I watched the waves from the beach house balcony. I was being unnaturally silent for the two days now because of my promise, and here I was thinking I could let a day pass easily without annoying him.

It is hard, especially when he gets annoyed at everything.

I sighed, turning on my phone as I hoped it wouldn't 'ping' anymore. The photos of us yesterday at the beach went viral, I really thought my phone would break from the amount of messages and notifications I got. I responded only to Layla.

Ace, who knew this before, turned his phone off yesterday night itself.

I deleted all the notifications and then checked out the photos. It was actually beautiful, in every single one we looked happy with each other.

Me rubbing the sunscreen on his back while laughing, feeding him the apple, playing in the water, chasing on the sand, him picking me up from the ditch and even the piggyback ride I got.

Sad thing? We really look like we are in love. Even Ace. And then here I was because I promised I wouldn't annoy him.

Great couple.

"Athena?" I almost dropped my phone the way I tried to turn it off. I can't let him know I have been looking through those pictures.

"Yeah?" I turned around and faced him, those grey orbs staring at the phone in my hand. Please, please, please he shouldn't see it.

"Turn on your phone, your parents are calling me." He grumbled in his usual annoyed tone, walking back into the room.

Wait, they called? It might have drowned in everything. I quickly called Mum, not wanting to worry them.

"Hi m- -"

"Why weren't you picking our calls young lady?!" She shouted and I had to keep the phone at arm length to not hurt my ears.

"Relax, I turned it off for some reason." I said to calm her down as I stood up and entered the room. Giving Ace and his laptop their peace, I walked into the kitchen.

"Anyway, your pictures! You both look like you are in love! Are you in love?" She suddenly asked making me freeze.

I wish.

"Of course no mum! It's just pictures, taken for the paparazzi. Eyes can be deceiving." I mumbled, the perfect pictures flashing in my mind.

Maybe heart is deceiving. Is my mind changing about him?

No I am not changing my opinion about him. Why would you think I changed?

"Oh. I just thought..." She mumbled defeatedly making my heart frown, and I quickly changed the topic, filling her with whatever that has happened.

"Food fight. Hmm...interesting."

"Mooomm!" I groaned but quickly stopped when Ace entered the kitchen. "No. Something is going on, I have seen this a lot." Not now mom.

I watched Ace stare at me for a bit, then come around the kitchen island and right in front of me. "Nothing like that." I mumbled into the phone, feeling hot suddenly.

I was leaning against the counter and he was too close in front of me. "Uh...how is Dad, Mom?" Ace stared down with calm grey eyes, his fucking handsome face all for me to see. And his hot six pack body.

He hate shirts, unfortunately.

Or fortunately?

"He is doing well, a bit stressed with work but fine." Mum's voice snapped me out my thoughts but I didn't break our gaze. He inched even closer, so close I was practically pressed against him and the counter.