38. Occasional Call

Athena

I groaned into the pillow as my body ached. 

I slept with Ace.

That was the first thought I had when I felt my pussy burning. I was tangled up in the silky duvets. I had sex again, not drunk, with full consciousness and desire. Was that supposed to happen though? He was not in a really great mood before he got horny.

"Good morning." Ace kissed my cheek as he entered the room. With....breakfast?

"And what do you have there?" I asked suspiciously, not believing he made breakfast. He is such a sweet and nice guy- - 

"Breakfast. Don't mistake me for a really nice guy, I went downstairs and saw Julie cooking." Did she make this?

It's poison.

"Don't eat that. Give me half an hour, I will make breakfast." His brows furrowed at my scoff, setting the tray of food on the bed anyway.

"Why? She makes tasty foo- -"

"I said, Don't. Eat. It." I gritted out, quickly wearing a shirt of his to freshen up and make breakfast.

That maid Julie is so fucking suspicious, her blank form and distasteful look is so.... snake-like.

A large hand wrapped around mine and tugged hard. I shrieked as I landed across his lap, with him staring down at me in a ridiculous face.

I mean ridiculously handsome face.

"Are you jealous?" Ace blurted out the most insane thing I have ever heard. I scoffed at his question, trying to pry his hands off me but he held me down in an iron grip.

"No, never of her anyway. I just don't trust her." I muttered, giving up my battle with his hands.

So veiny...

"Why is that?" Ace asked, lifting me up to gently lay me down along the length of his body.

What should I say? That she makes me insecure when it comes to him? That she is really cold and closed off? That I am not comfortable with the fact that he knows her name?

He only remembers the names of those who are important to him.

"She is cold. Just, rude and closed off." His eyebrows shot up in surprise at my answer. Partially it was the truth, but not entirely the truth.

"Do you trust me?" Now I was the one to shoot my eyebrows up. What kind of question is that?

"I do." I said without a single moment of hesitation. His exquisite stormy grey eyes relaxed hearing my answer. I realized his hand was on my naked thigh only when he rubbed small circles on it.

"And why is that? Aren't I cold? Rude and closed off?" Oh.

That's where he was steering the conversation. 

"You are not as bad as you say, Ace. You are actually really sweet." The corner of his lips turned down in disgust at the word I used to describe him.

"I am not sweet- - Don't ever, call me that again." Ace frowned deeply, and I had to laugh at this.

Cute childish man.

"Aww, sure." He glared at the tone I used again, before shaking his head in disappointment. Taking the tray of actually really good smelling food he placed it in front of us.

"If you trust me, eat this." Jesus.

I hope I don't end up in the hospital.

******