27. Dying Way

Athena

"The weather forecast informs us about the last wave of the storm. Everyone is advised to stay inside securely and go out for essential items till the weather clears up in a day or two. Stay tuned for more inf- -" I almost jumped from the couch when bulky arms were flung around my neck.

The soothing, familiar husky scent entered my nostrils. I smiled a bit as he rested his chin on top of my head, bending from behind the couch as he watched the news.

"Pity you are stuck with me for another day." His tone wasn't even that of the annoyed one. Just amusement and content.

"Is it pity? Sad." I commented playfully, letting his arms be around my neck since I enjoyed his natural scent.

"So what do you wanna do?" Ace muttered, making me frown. "You don't have to work with that tech bitch?" 

Ace snickered at my tone. "You are so jealous. And petty." My frown deepened.

"You know what, go work. Leave me alone and destroy your gorgeous grey eyes on that stupid thing."

That sentence was the reason we watched 3 movies straight, with his grey eyes on me almost all the damn time.

I can get used to this.

                                          *******

I stirred in my sleep, groaning inwardly as I heard talking and other noises. 

And I started my worst time of the month. The heat of the bag had died and the stupid cramps were back too, hammering my ovaries if such a thing was possible. I opened my eyes, which took no time to adjust to the dim light.

I forgot Ace read every night before sleep. But he doesn't have a book to read, what is he doing? What time is it?

I sighed, getting up from the bed tiredly but paused at the door, hearing Ace's voice. He was talking in the living room, but to whom?

"It's coming back, tell me what to do." What is coming? Another storm? 

"You know how much I hate to talk. Just tell me what I should do." He growled into the phone as he paced around, passing by the window and looking out into the light rain quite a few times.

"Oh, you can only say something if you know what I think? You wanna know what I think? I think she is cute and I want her." Ace snarled into the phone after listening for a few minutes, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

It looked like he would throw that phone away. It's his second in a week.

And. HE THINKS SOMEONE IS CUTE?? AND FUCKING WANT HER???!!!

I swear to god if he is goddamn cheating on me I will cut off his balls. 

I wasn't even sleepy anymore. The throbbing pain in my lower back was long forgotten even though it was aggravating me. I had more pressing matters to concentrate on.

Ace kept listening to whatever bullshit the person was saying on the other side, his naked back faced towards me as he stood rooted near the window.

"You are full of shit. That advice is useless. Do you have anything else for me?" His voice got a lot brasher in distress.

Should I come out now? I am literally eavesdropping.

Plus, the cramps are starting to get a lot worse, I need some hot water.

"Who are you talking to, Ace?" I asked casually, rubbing my eyes as I stumbled out of the bedroom. 

Ace spun around in panic, sighing in relief when he saw it was me. But then he froze, a look of dread crossing his handsome features, just for a single second before he covered it up.