6. Wedding Gift

Athena

"You almost blew it away." I muttered, giving the phone back to Shane after Ace hung up saying thank you for a sarcastic comment.

"Obviously! You painted his warm but boring study in the funkiest way possible!  He is going to fire me, or worse, have my fucking head." Shane kept saying, even though he still held the paint can up for me.

"He will not have your head, nor will fire you. I will make sure of that." I answered confidently, finishing up the last spot.

The wall was in a mixed color. I just....made his study my art gallery.

In just a day and a half. By the time he comes back, he wouldn't recognize his own room.

"And it's not funky. It's called talent." Shane rolled his eyes and I thought about how good I was in acting.

"Why? Did you not like it?" I snapped coldly, glaring at him for an answer while I was laughing my ass off inside at his face.

"Actually it's pretty good but boss likes plain colors." He mumbled. I chuckled darkly, imagining his face when he would see it all.

"Please go sleep. I will wake you up to see his reaction when he arrives. Just....go sleep and stop this. Pleaseeeee." Shane pleaded, literally on his knees as he refused to give me another dip of paint.

Well, I was quite an artist and did quite cover all, so why not go take a bath and rest?

"Byeee! Wake me up when he arrives." He nodded and then shook his head, looking back at the walls. I giggled and headed to the room.

I took a shower and threw away the clothes covered in splashes of paint. I set an alarm clock, in case Shane will not wake me up.

I so want to see his face. This is what you get for misbehavior, Ace Williams.

___________________________________

I woke up with a sharp ringtone, making me groan. I never kept alarms, when wh- -

Oh shit! I snapped my eyes opened to notice that it's 8. He will come at 9. I shot out of bed, taking a shower and everything else later coming down to make breakfast.

"Julie you can leave. I will cook." I said quickly seeing her do some bacon.  I don't trust her at all. "But sir asked me to- -"

"It's alright, I love cooking. He won't fire you for it, you have my word." She stared with her dead cold blue eyes for a bit and then nodded, stepping away and out the kitchen.

I so don't trust her.

I continued to make my breakfast, bacon and eggs with chocolate milk. It sounded a bit odd but I liked it.

"You are up." Shane stated, poking his head into the kitchen. "Yeah, had a slight feeling you wouldn't call me." He simply nodded, going out again.

I made everything quickly and sat down to eat on the kitchen island. I almost choked on my food hearing Ace's voice down the hallway talking with Shane.

I gulped down my food quickly and rushed out, seeing him at the foot of the stairs with a stuttering Shane.

"Athena." Ace addressed, eyeing my rushed state and then back to my face in a questionable gaze.

He never ceased to make me go speechless even after a 6-hour flight. He looked so handsome in his coal-black suit, his muscular frame slightly leaning against the staircase, his brown hair ruffled and messed up as the grey eyes stared down at me.

I realized he was standing there for my answer and tore my gaze away. Ahem.

"Shane here seems to stutter every time I ask what my little wife has been up to." Ace stated, his stormy grey eyes throwing Shane a glance which made him even more nervous.