Chapter 23

I track to the shower , for the past week it's been really to adjust to the times . I was late for showers thrice . But I was smart about it .

I know that usually at three , I'd still be crying . So I wake up, and cry at the showers . It's worked, actually pretty well . Cause now I'm guaranteed cleanliness.

After taking my shower I begin to walk to my cell , I the red head . I dont know , didn't she say her name was Isabella?

She's coming right at me , and she has a giant smile . Is it her release date already?

"Cassandra , you finally grasped the times" she says with a chuckle.

"Isabella, yes I have " I say , chuckling back .

I quickly take the shower , my tense muscles relax under the scalding heat of the water . My mind immediately drifts to my day plans .

Maybe I could read my Twilight book, I haven't had much time to do so as my lazy ass spends time sleeping . The whole day .

I get out of the shower and into a refreshed orange jumpsuit. As I trek back to my cell , I fix my hair into a messy bun .

When I get to my cell, I see a guard standing there. This is a different guard , not Mr Pervert .

He stands tall against the cell bars . His brown eyes stare dead in my eyes then he says .

"You have a visitor." Then he walks towards the flight of stairs , a clear sign that I should follow him .

After walking under a hard and thick steel door , I'm met with an ocean of benches and round tables , more than the ones  back at the holding cell . And almost all of them are occupied by people who are being visited by their families and friends .

And as we're walking past the swamp of people , I see Kimberly's raven hair . Her eyes scurry up and level with mine.  We lock eyes , hers filled with so much sorrow and mine are filled with tears .

She stands at the speed of lighting and embraces me in a bear hug . She holds me like a mother would a child for a while . After the hug we both wobble our legs over to the benches .

Kim is like the older sister I never had , scratch that before mother adopts her too.

"How are you?" She asks me , tears filling her own  eyes .

"I'm okay , how are you?" I ask .

"I'm okay too" she replies .

The short exchange is followed by a vague silence . We both know that I'm about to utter is going to be about him.

"How is he?"  I ask , fresh tears threatening to rain .

"He's okay ." She says , clearly avoiding getting deep into talking about him .

"Are they still together?" I ask hoping that I'll hear the sweet sound of 'NO' .

"Look Cassiey , I knew all along , I'm so sorry . I'm sorry that I didn't tell you . I should've told you but I didnt want to be the bearer of bad news and I had hoped that he would stop cheating .

You know I love you , and I only want to bring joy into your life , I'm sorry that I didn't tell you . Maybe if I had told you , you wouldn't be in jail , you could've saved your marriage . I'm sorry , this is all my fault ." She says all so quickly,  I doubt I heard everything .

"Kim , it's okay.  I would have still beat them up , whether you told me two years ago or yesterday.  Don't blame yourself ." I assure her .

She does not have to blame herself  . It's not like she is the one that whispered I'm his ear to do that to me . He did that all by himself .

"You sure ?" She asks .

"Yes , I'm sure . How's Alex?" Alex is her son,  the cutest little boy I have ever seen .

"He is doing so well , he can respite the alphabet all in order ." She says , her chest puffed out , the same way Mr McKight's did when he spoke of his companies and his kids .

Too bad I dont have my own .

"I need you to do something for me." I say , she nods.

"Yes anything ." She urges.

"I need you to poison Jason ." I say , whispering so that only she can hear me .

"What ... no , I cant .. Cassiey , I cant .. I have a son , I cant go to jail .. how could you ask that .. I just , I cant ... No , no!" She rambles about .  I let out a sigh of disappointment.

"Fine , then . I want you to do something else for me." I say .

"What ?kill Kayla? Throw her off the balcony? Because I wont do it ." She rambles again.

" No , I want that one all to myself . I need you to bring me the following things , so that I can work from jail ." I say  to her . She fishes her phone from her pocket then puts it between us .

"I am going to need a completed Cash receipt Journal and Cash payments Journal . A debtor's Journal . A trial balance completed by the official accountant of the company .

I expect all of this by the end of the month.  We're going to work on it , together . Meaning you have to be here on every visiting hour , and pay close attention to how I do things because I'm not always going to be here to work on it . If ever at any point you need any help my assistant Mariah will help you with it ." I say to her .

She nods then turns off the phone .

"Cassiey what exactly do you do when you're not at the Smith Industries?" She asks .

"I'm a charted accountant , and I own Acc. Miller ."

" You own another company , with Jason?" She asks .

"No , I dont own it with Jason.  It's my own . Started it by myself , running it on my own and owning it by myself ." I say to her , and her face lights up .

We fall into mindless chatter. I missed her so much

Author's note .

Sorry for not updating for so long , but today I plan on doing the most for y'all 🥰

Hope you enjoyed reading . Scroll down for some drama - yes I just spoiled it for you , there's drama in the next chapter .🤣🤲😽

Vote,  comment and recommend 🥰😉

Nic275