Chapter 49

Today my car is going for service , which means that I have to walk to my doctors appointment  .

And with a cup of warm cinnamon tea with Ace , I start another beautiful day as Mrs Bernett.

"Are you sure you dont want me to drop you off?" He asks.

"I have to get some exercise babe." I say smiling.

He smiles and nods , I can tell that he doesnt want to let me walk but he just agrees for my sake.

"Hey, it's time for me to head to work. Just call me is you're not okay with walking anymore okay?" He says and kisses my cheek.

"Love you ." I say chowing another one of his better tasting cookies.

"I love you." He says and he kisses my forehead . Nothing feels better than when he doesnt want to let me go.

Isn't that right little guy? I pat my tummy. Then I head upstairs to take a shower . In less that an hour I'm dressed in a sky blue knee length skirt and a white blouse , with two inch long heels.

I exit the house and make sure that my door is locked  and I drop the keys in my bag.

Then the walk begins.  It's not as bad as I thought it would be. And is frankly more relax .

Its eight am , the morning traffic and foot traffic is not as dense and it's easier to walk .

"Hey mam?" Someone asks .

I turn my head , only to meet a fresh young face. He looks very cute and just like someone who has it all together.

He had brunette hair and hazelnut eyes. His skin is paler that snow and his lips are a bright pink that is also shining . A whole model right here .

"My name is Jozea , I'm 19. I read your story on a magazine about five years ago about how a man you brought up cheated on you. And I dont mean to be self entitled but if I am given the opportunity,  I can write a really good book about you." He says . What!?

"You read a magazine piece about me?" I ask , still very baffled.

"Yes, you're Cassandra Smith right?" He asks.

"Actually Cassandra Bernett . I got remarried." I say and smiles .

"An even better book idea. When they expected you to run and cower in fear . You stood back up and took back your thrown . And is that a bump I'm spotting?" He asks scrutinizing my tummy .

My cheeks redden ,  and I smile at him and nod. He coos.

"Okay, tell you what . Give me your contact details and I will set up lunch and we'll discuss that okay?" I ask . He seems legit, he gives me his details onto the phone in hand.

"Thank you so much . God bless you." He says , for the first time , I look at the clothing he is in. He is homeless.

I pick out two hundred dollars from my purse and I hand them to him . He smiles and accepts the money . He is the most humble young man I've ever met.

I pull him into a hug and at first he is a bit surprised but he too embraces me.

"Thank you so much Mrs Bernett. God bless you." He says again , spotting tears in his eyes. I hug him again and when we pull back , he walks away . Thanking me repeatedly.

When I finally get to my gynaecologist,  she smiles at and ushers me in. The receptionist is no stranger to showing her pearly whites.

"Ms Miller , how are you feeling today." She asks .