Chapter 50

Ace's POV

The entire day at work , I spend time thinking about my wife. She really is my wife now?

And she is carrying my baby. Which reminds me , I know how tired she's going to be when she gets home so I'm going to prepare a meal for her.

As I leave my office, I hear footsteps following me suit. I don't even bother to turn my body but seems they have different plans.

"Hey , um Ace. I wanted to inform you that the Hawaii building renovation has been approved. " I turn and find a very uncomfortable Jason.

"Oh , that's great. Then it means in three months we'll be ready for business right?" I ask.

"Well yes, it does . As long as we keep to code. " he says.

"That's great . Congratulations. " I say intending to go home to my wife. But he stops me again.

"Hey , congratulations on getting married. You got a real one right there. Just take care of her , I know I couldn't ." He says , then walks away.

Something tells me that this man is not exactly over my wife , but none of that is happening in watch. Cass is going to get a good laugh out of what Jason just said.

I head to the parking , oh and I bought a car! Yep , a Maserati.  Black with tinted windows. Makes me feel cool.

The drive home is very quiet.  All I'm thinking about is my wife.

The electric gates of the building open up , and reveal the big white building. In the elevator , my feet are literally tapping in anticipation to see her beautiful face. That's all I'll ever need after a long day at work.

I get to the penthouse door , turn the keys  and I push it open. It's very quiet , not really as I had expected it nevertheless,  I walk in.

"Babe!" I call from the lounge .

When I hear no reply , I push my feet further to the kitchen . Still nothing .

"Cass!" I call when I get upstairs but no answer. Maybe she's asleep , I tiptoe to our bedroom.

When I push it open , I see no one. Where is she? Or does it take that long at the doctor's appointment?

I change into my casuals and I head back down stairs . Now to prepare dinner , what am I going to make?

I tap the Google icon on my phone and I ask what are the most romantic meals.

Spaghetti and meatballs is the first I see , so here we go.

As I'm following the recipe, I see how much work it really takes to make all these stuff . Finally I'm done , I dust everything off and make sure the kitchen is the way she left it , I sure as well dont want her wrath today.

Quater to six , she's still not here.

I quickly head to Target to get two dozen red roses and ever when I return she's still not home .

I run a tub full of water and I pour bubble bath in it , I turn on the auto heat and I sprinkle one of those roses over the bubbled water.

I use those petals to make a trail from down the stairs to the bed . And I dim the lights a bit , Cass is literally going to cry. 

When I finally glance up the clock again , its seven . She's not home? That's not possible.

I call Kim , maybe she stayed over at Kim's.

"Hello , Ace?" She says into the phone .

In the back round I hear her son Cody , yelling 'uncle Ace!' Alot .