Chapter 58

Ace's POV

Friday has come and nothing. I'm still waiting on her .

It's been two weeks , and I don't see any improvement. A week ago I asked the doctors to cut off visiting.

I cant stand everyone telling me that it'll all be alright . I cant stand it because we've been here for six weeks . Waiting patiently , I've been watching my wife fight for her life .

I feel so helpless , knowing that there's nothing that I can do to help her . Where do I begin , how do I begin.

I'm not even in the right headspace right now . I had to ask Jason to leave a werk ago because honestly , had he let me interrogate Kayla from the first moment , we would not have been here .

I'd be telling a completely different story . I know that he claims that he's changed,  but right now I cant stand the sight of his face , knowing that this wouldnt have been happening.

Lately my moods are all over the place , I cant keep food down and I dont sleep at all .

I dont care what doctor says what , I need to see my wife alive.

The belly grows and moves almost every week . And it's beautiful to watch . But the Lord knows it would be even better with her watching and being conscious of every chance happening to her body.

Some of the bruises are now gone , the cuts that were on her thighs are close and her nose looks like it was never touched .

She does look a bit thinner , but she looks way better than when we found her in the warehouse.

The only thing that makes me really happy , is that she's still breathing on her own. This gives me daily hope , it reminds me that the journey is not yet over .

The nurse walks into the room and does her daily check ins.

"Mr Bernett,  have had something to eat?" She asks, concern lacing her voice.

"Its not me who you should be worried about ." I say to her.

"Mr Bernett,  you have to eat something or you will faint." She says .

"I dont care! I dont fucking care! I won't eat until I have that meal with her and my child! You can stop wasting your time . I just said I dont want food! Leave me alone. Please." I yell at her.

"Mr Bernett,  we are doing all that we can to-" she tries .

"It is not enough! It is not fucking enough! If it was , she would be alive and standing next to me! " I yell .

"We are doing everything that we know how ." She defends .

"Do anything , everything! It doesn't fucking matter how much it costs , just help her ! Dont ask me about my stomach , it does not matter whether I've eaten or not ." I yell frustratedly.

Everyone should just stop asking about me, I'm not the one laying on that bed fighting for my life . Its Cass , so why in fucks sake would they ask me.

I glare at the nurse , silently asking her to leave the premises before I do anything I'll regret.

A week ago the doctor had asked me if I wanted the baby detached as it is six months old now .

But that all felt wrong , had Cass woken up and found that the baby was removed prematurely she would not be happy . This is a decision we are to make as a team , not just because I feel that its what would make me happy .

Especially seeing that it's a decision revolving around her body , her permission is the first thing we should be looking for,not mine .

I will only allow detachment if Cass passes away and that is not going to happen .