Kisses Of Fire

Bella's POV

God I love these 5am starts.

Were my thoughts as I drank my second coffee of the day... just after 5am.

"Bell's, campfire tonight on the beach!" My Dad grinned as he passed me in the tower.

"YES!!" I cheered, high-fiving Maxi and Gonzo.

"I actually need you at Tama today though, we're a man down with Yatesy's injury."

Oh hell

Yesterday someone rammed into Yatesy with a board, breaking his ribs and puncturing his lung, ouch!

It's safe to say he might be off work for a little while.

"Sure thing boss!" I saluted. My Dad rolled his eyes and I said bye to the guys before running to Tamarama.

After a 10 minute run I arrived at the beach and saw Chappo putting up a set of flags.

"CHAPPOOOO!" I shouted, jumping on his back. Clearly he wasn't expecting it because he fell over and I landed on top of him.

Crikey, that must've been a sight.

"Jeez I'm not that fat." I jokingly huffed as I got  up and held my hand out.

"You gave me a fright!" Chappo laughed, accepting my hand and pulling himself up too.

"Sorry." I grinned sheepishly. "You've got me with you here today, how lucky are you."

"Some would say unlucky." He laughed, putting an arm round my shoulders and leading me to the little tower.

"Looks like it's gonna be a good one." I said as we sat on the stairs watching the bright sunrise.

"Yeah it does." Chappo smiled at her.

"Hey, my Dad said we're all having a little camp fire on the beach tonight, you in?"

"Damn right I'm in." He laughed.

Despite it being a hot and sunny day, it was a quiet one at Tamarama beach. There was a few people around but nobody that required any lifeguard assistance.

"The guys at Bondi are probably rushed off their feet." I giggled causing Chappo to laugh too.

"I spoke too soon!" I whisper yelled as there was a knock at the tower door. Chappo chuckled and got up to answer it.

A guy around my age stood at the door looking rather pale and sweaty.

"You alright buddy?" Chappo asked letting the guy in.

"Yeah, yeah. Look I hate to be a pain, but do you guys have any water, I didn't realise how hot it would be and I didn't bring any."

Australian dude, speaks English, easy work!

"Yeah course, I'll grab you some." I smiled as Chappo lead him to a chair so he could sit down.

"You uh... wanna go out sometime?" He abruptly asked me as I handed him a bottle of water.

"Sorry?" I asked shocked with wide eyes, Chappo looked like he was holding in a laugh.

"Me and you... go out... get food... maybe drinks." He said loud and slow as if I was deaf or stupid.

"NO... THANK.. YOU." I smiled, saying it in the same tone.

"Well... why?" He was confused.

Oh please, as if a woman needs a reason to decline a date.