Can't Fight This Feeling

Third Person POV

Hoppo paced the tower, wondering what was wrong with his daughter. He had received a text from her this morning to say she wasn't well and wouldn't make it into work.

It wasn't like Bella to be sick, especially so sick that she'd miss work, usually she'd come in, despite how ill she was.

Hoppo was worried.

"Reidy, I need a favour." He said to his friend.

"Sure boss." Was the reply he got from the blonde man.

"Bella's sick... she won't make it in-"

"That's not like her." Reidy said thoughtfully. "I'll go check on her." He knew that's what Hoppo would be asking.

Reidy quickly got up and left the tower, passing Whippet on his way, to Bella's apartment.

"Where's he off to in such a hurry?" Whippet laughed.

Hoppo filled him in on the situation and Whippet couldn't help but feel like this had something to do with Jesse.

Reidy knocked Bella's door, patiently waiting for an answer. After a few more knocks, she eventually did so.

"Hey, mind if I come in?" Reidy smiled at her, taking in her appearance. She didn't look sick, other than her red eyes which indicated to him that she hadn't slept well or had been crying or both.

"What's going on?" He asked gently, as they both sat on the couch.

Tears filled Bella's eyes as she thought about everything.

"It's just too much." She mumbled, her voice shaking.

Reidy immediately pulled her towards him, wrapping her in a hug.

"What's too much Bell's? What's going on?" He gently asked her again, rubbing her back.

"Everything... just so much has happened recently, Stacey even had a pop at me the other day... I'm sorry, I'm being stupid." She sighed.

"Stacey?"

"I didn't mean to name drop her." Bella said sheepishly. "She's just adding to everything."

"What did she say Bell's?"

"Something about me needing to grow up, fighting for my Dad's attention or something."

"She has no right." Reidy seethed. "Wanna tell me what else is going on up here?" He tapped her head.

"Jesse kissed me last night." She mumbled.

"What?!" Reidy felt a ton of emotions hit him at once. Bella was like a daughter to him and Jesse was his friend. He felt shocked, angry and confused.

"I know." Bella hummed, also confused.

"Then what?"

"I uh kissed him back then... ran here and I er... haven't seen him since."

"Oh Bell's." Reidy sighed, running a hand over his face. He knew how much the way she was treated by her Mum and Step Father, impacted nearly every aspect of her life, especially her relationships.

"I don't know how I feel Reid's." Her lip shook. "I'm scared."

"I know you are... come here." He pulled her towards him as she cried.

"Any word from Reidy?" Whippet asked Hoppo.

"Yeah, he's gonna stay with her."

"Is she alright?" Whippet asked concerned.