20. Where You Are

You clutched the phone over your chest, and curled up into a ball. You wanted to run outside and search for him. You wanted to know he was safe. You wanted this terrifying pain to end.
But how ? What exactly did you know ? What you are gonna tell people, who are you asking for ? You didn't know how he looked like, you didn't know his name. You didn't even know where he lived or what he did ! He was anonymous.

Anonymous!

And even if something would have happened to him, you won't be able to know about it, ever. Because you had no idea about from where to look for when you felt like you had lost him.
All if these thoughts were tearing down your head. Your pillow and even your bedsheets were damped wet by your tears.

Unable to bear it anymore, you let a scream come out of your mouth, now you were sobbing, like a lost kid. And when you were choking in your own sweat and tears,
That's when your phone started buzzing.

Incoming Call
Unknown Number

It took you a spilt second to receive the call. Unable to speak or utter a single word, you wanted his voice to reach your ears for once, that's the only thing you needed at that time. Then you heard him speak,

" Hey. You are awake ? Can you come downstairs ? I thought I'll meet you before...."
You were no more listening, you ran. Without caring that you were wearing your night dress, without thinking about your tear soaked face , without thinking of anything else, you ran. You ran towards your door, flung it open and rushed down the stairs and within seconds you were outside the building.
He was there. He was standing at a distance but you knew it was him. He was safe, he was there in front of you.
You sprinted towards him and without even letting him look at you or say a word, you threw yourself in his arms.

You wrapped your arms around him, tightly, buried your face in his chest and cried. Sobbed.
While your head was pressed on his chest, his heartbeat sounded like melody to you. He was safe. You didn't lose him.
His hands were stroking your back when he realized you were crying so badly, his one hand reached the back of your head, brushing your hairs softly, trying to comfort you.

After several minutes you didn't have any strength to speak or even step out of his arms. Slowly, you came back to your senses and that's when your pain turned into agony and worries into anger.
You took a step backwards to look at him, into his eyes. Your eyes were bloodshot, your vision blurry because of tears and words busted out of your mouth,
" Where the hell were you ? Why did you do this to me ? Why can't you receive my call for once or text me and let me know that you aren't dead !"

your voice which was already shaking, broke as you said the last word. You sobbed but kept talking,

" Do you have any fucking idea how painful it was for me to even think that I lost you ? Do you know even realize how much you matter to me ?
Tell me... Tell me... Damn! I don't even know your name or face or any Fucking thing about you. And what if you didn't come ? What if I had actually lost you ? I didn't even know from where to start looking for and... "
He didn't let you complete the sentence and pulled you again in his arms. Holding you tightly, but this time, you rebelled. You wanted to break out of his comfortable embrace, you wanted to scream, you wanted to shout as loud as you could. You started pushing him back but then something happened.

He was saying something in your ears. No. He was singing. His voice, you know this voice, not for a week or two, you have known it for months. You know it more than other thing in this world.