37. Interview

" You guys are pranking me right ? You both have done it a thousand times earlier, I'm not falling for this. No way !"
you forced a laugh but deep down, how badly you wanted it all to be true.

" If you doubt us so much then you can call Namjoon hyung to confirm."
Taehyung replied with a smirk on his face.

You flipped out your phone and dialed Namjoon's number right away.

" Yes Y/N. You got the letter ?"

as he asked you the question in his melodic yet intellectual tone, you choked yourself in thin air.

" Is... is this for real ?"

" Yes. Why it wouldn't be ? You are suppose to do an internship with a company, so why not Big Hit ?"

" But... but Namjoon.. Am I even qualified enough for this ? Or is it just a favor for... for being his girlfriend ? "

you asked timidly. The last thing you wanted is to get career benefits out of your relationship, it was the lowest one could go and you simply can't bear to think of you, yourself, doing that.

" Okay, I'll say it just once so listen carefully. You have 2 degrees in Literature and will have another one soon, along with one in management. You have been part of international debates and MUNs, you can speak and write fluently in four other languages apart from English and Korean and the biggest one being, you know Min Yoongi in and out ; and even after all of this, if you think you aren't qualified enough then I swear Y/N, I'm going to shave off your eyebrows. "

And certainly you were supposed to laugh at the ending but after the little appreciation speech that Namjoon gave you, you felt more confident than ever. Like you were ready for anything and everything that will be thrown on your way.

*************************

Yoongi was sitting inside his office when you arrived there with Jungkook and Taehyung, while Namjoon was waiting outside for you. When you entered the reception, he came forward and pulled you in a hug,

" Ahhh ! I missed you so much Y/N. No one else would listen to me when I talked about my current read."

You chuckled.
Namjoon could talk for hours about the book he was reading, and you were only few of the those who would like to listen to that.

You all walked up to Yoongi's office but before opening the door Namjoon looked at you and gave you a smile that was filled with excitement.

" So Yoongi doesn't know about it ? Isn't it ?"
you questioned, a grin plastered on your face as well.

The boys shook their head to confirm.

Namjoon asked you to stand there as he walked inside, leaving the door slightly open so you could listen what was going on inside.

" Hyung, all the candidates have arrived. Should we start the interview ?"

" Is it really important for me to be present here ? Can't you do it by yourself ?"

Yoongi's voice was filled with irritation while asking this.

" It's an interview for the position of your Personal Assistant. How am I supposed to do that without you ?"

" Yeah. Fine. Whatever."

Namjoon gestured you with his hand to come in and you walked inside slowly. Yoongi was looking at a notebook in his hand, not spare any glance to look who walked in.

" Please take a seat."
he said dryly, his eyes still fixed at his notebook.

You sat down on the chair in front of his table, smiling like an idiot.

" Okay. To start with, what is your name ?"

" It's Y/N, sir. But you can call me your girl."
you giggled.

Yoongi looked up instantly and his expression was precious. He spranged up of his chair, a hand covering his mouth and eyes widened in disbelief.

 He spranged  up of his chair, a hand covering his mouth and eyes widened in disbelief

You walked upto him and he engulfed you into a bear hug. How badly you have missed him for all these days, his touch, his fragrance, his heart beating so close to your ears. You were having a whirlpool of feelings at that moment.

He held you so tight like his life depended on you; like he was scared that if he loosens the grip, he might lose you. After a long warm hug, when you slowly stepped out of his arm, you felt like some huge stone has been lifted from your heart.

" Meet your Personal Assistant Yoongi-ssi "
Said Namjoon with his million dollars smile.

You looked at Yoongi to see his eyes sparkle, but it wasn't there. Confusion started beading in your mind, wasn't he happy to have you as his PA ?
Does he think you aren't capable of doing the job ?
You wanted to ask him all of that but you couldn't. You kept staring at him, his eyes glaring at Namjoon, his expression; unreadable.

" What is it Yoongi ? You don't look happy about it. "
You questioned in a low mellow voice.

He turned his head to look at you and gave a bleak smile. Something was not okay.

" No.. no no.. Nothing like that... It's just .. you know... I mean, I... Big Hits' policies have a lot of terms and conditions and you have to maintain some secrecy... You know, so it will be... Like.. like a secret job... Do you agree to that ?"

You are making it all up Min Yoongi. You are so terrible at lying.
That's what you wanted to say, but you didn't.

" It would be fun, isn't it ? At first you had the secret job, now I'll have one. "
You replied, while giving him a wink.

Whatever it was, you will find it out yourself but you can't give up on it.
Because if Namjoon says you deserve this job, you definitely do.

**************

" In two hours ? " you questioned in sheer horror.

" Make it less if possible. "

" But there are seven notebooks, Yoongi ! "
you were almost screaming this time.

" And there are some loose sheets in the second and third drawer. "

" You are impossible ! "

" Please baby. I have some deadlines hanging on my head. "

" Don't you dare baby me at work. "
You snared.

" Okay then. Y/N-ssi. It's an order. Get it done."

He gave you his I am bad boy smirk and left the room. Leaving you with seven notebooks and about 100 more loose sheets of paper, out of which you were supposed to sort out the words according to moods of the song he was working on.

" Min Yoongi, you are going to hell for this. "
you murmured and nudged your head in the first notebook.

One month down the lane and now you exactly know why Yoongi was hesitant to have you as his PA.
The sweetheart he is as a boyfriend, the same man was this nerve-wracking boss.
The one who would make you feel like flipping tables, destroy everything in front of you and break beer bottles on his head.

But at the end of the day, when he would be just your boyfriend, not your boss, he would give you head massages and slow kisses to kill your stress.

So, were you really complaining ?

NO.