Part 8.5

The Circle of the Gods 

Themis, Darius, Akakios, Igle, Sybeil

The leader speaks. "Inanna and Astrin are here, in my lands." He opens his eyes and uncrosses his legs to stand.

"What? Why?" The warrior questions.

But a loud voice breaks through the conversation in the marble chamber before a reply is offered. "Xerses keeps a woman with him and has her bound in chains. She leads him to and fro within the trails of the mountain. He has her searching for an altar, and I've heard him mention a crypt."

"We have no need of binding humans. They, with their bendable will, are simple to control?" The comment by Igle pierces the room.

"Speak, Themis, are law's being broken?" Akakios asks, hope evident in his voice.

"He bends them, no doubt. The treatment of the human's toes violation."

"Well, that is that. If I punished every near infraction, we all would be demolished regularly. Tell us more of this other. I have no knowledge of an altar on this rock worth of our notice." The leader looks to his fellows, "Do any of you?"

"And what could they mean with interest in a crypt?" Wisdom of Sybeil wonders.

Silence.

"I care not for his search, that can be thwarted easy enough, but I would like to give him a little reminder, an electric shock to his backside would suffice," Akakios suggests.

"I agree. Though I care little for the mortals, it did feel wrong watching him treat them thus. Perhaps, if we do not strike him directly..."

The loud voice of Igle offers.

"You suggest I will employ Khrysaor? It can be used as a warning. Since Astrin and Inanna are trespassing in my lands I suppose I could use them as an indirect attack and warning." The leader deliberates aloud.

"It has as good a chance as any to change his behavior, though my patience for caution grows short." The warrior intones.

"Agreed." The fellows murmur together.