Part 12.5

Selene

The Portal

Selene goddess of the moon pulls herself into the portal where Ammon the Amesha Spentas, guardian of their test and crafter and keeper of the elements from the eternal realm resides. Access to the Ammon is yet another boon the Elder Gods had granted them, through Darius.

The eternal being turns toward her from his place among the matter and light of the universe, "Selene. You did not need to come to this plane to talk with me. You know I am happy to use the portal for conversation."

"Yes, I know." She bowed low and took his hand in hers. His light was so bright. Not quite as luminous as Ahura's or the other Elder Gods, but much brighter than her own light. She pressed the hand to her cheek feeling mournful and nostalgic for the place she'd left behind. After a tender yet respectful caress to the brilliant appendage, she looked up into his glowing golden eyes.

"You have a question for me?"

"Yes. I do." She answered. "I know that your influence and help must remain impartial between our two sides, thus I do not come lightly with this inquiry."

He nods somberly. "Balance is crucial to success."

"Why do I feel like the Terra gods know something we do not?"

Ammon gazes at her. "I answered this question one moment ago."

Selene's head tilted in thought, her mind quickly put together the riddle of his words.

He must have seen the answer on her face for he covered her mouth with a finger. "Do not ask me more on this. What you would forfeit to the other side in exchange would not benefit you. Go to your mate and report. All will be well."

Selene, goddess of the moon, turns to retreat through the portal with many thoughts swirling through her head, but with her mission clear.