Part 5.5

For concurrent readers read chapter 6 first.

Sybeil

Sybeil goddess of wisdom and life spins with the breeze in her gift form; that of essence. She moves from one plant spirit to the next. Each tiny light blending with her for a moment until she moves to the next. She does not abandon them, she presses her love and peace at them, and they blazed a bit brighter for the moment she mingles herself. But then the wind moves her on to the next.

Soon she blows into the trees. Their life force much stronger and bolder and steadier. It only takes moments to reach her destination.

Here in Igle's mountains, Xerses is attacking a tiny village. Lower gods march through the streets like military. Kicking in doors and yelling at the humans pulling them by their clothes and hair out into the streets.

Many of the ill-dressed mortals writhe in pain as a lower god leans over them screaming in their faces. Several run with their hands covering their ears. Those are not treated with quite as much kindness.

Sybeil's quick mind makes a count as the group is gathered together and it reaches well passed thirty.

The group is unfortunate, their homes burned down, their faces worn and they all seemed to be in pain.

Xerses and Zor the very large blonde god of air and sky wanders through them, but they stop in front of one mortal writhing in pain, hands over ears. The exact opposite of his twin Inanna in physical appearance Zor moves cruel black eyes over the forest as he pulls the wind around himself and Xerses. Sybeil only knew he did so because of the lack of sound. Xerses' mouth moves as the mortal before him rips at her hair in agony, but Sybeil hears none of it.

Weariness fills her light. She will need to stay and watch Xerses actions this night. She cannot leave until she has something to offer by way of intelligence. Also, she admits to herself she has a morbid curiosity over his actions. He is somehow hurting these humans, how, why? What if he kills one? That would break the oath absolutely and then where would all the talk of peace between the two sides of this great game be?