Chapter .5

THE CIRCLE OF GODS

Akakios, Darius

"He brings his humans with him." The sneer in the warrior's voice displays his disgust.

"He breaks his oath? Why? What is he after?"

"I am not certain his plan." The warrior admits.

The leader moves clockwise around the circle, placing a hand over each symbol carved into the cold, marble ledges of the portal windows. His palm brushes the eagle, the scales of knowledge, the laughing face, the hammer, the cross, the rock, the sun, half-moon, until it tingles over the delicate ocean-wave glyph of his fellow, Igle.

"Have Igle keep an eye on him."

"Are you certain? He trespasses on her and you know..."

"That she has a bark as well as a bite. Yes. But it is what my instincts tell me."

"Then I will do it." Akakios the warrior replies.

"Thank you. I go among the human's today."

"Oh, really? What in all the gods for?"

"Actually, I've gone several times of late, there is a mildly interesting study being done at the university close by. It is a genetic study of how a few small tribes of American Indians have Jewish ancestry."

"I still can't believe that was ever in doubt."

"I know. But it is easy for we, who have been on this planet so long, to laugh at how they conduct their science."

"You are right. They have come far in the last two hundred years."

"Yes." The leader smiled and then looked into the portal before him, "It is unfortunate that we have not done as well."

"Darius, do you think we will ever be Ktistes? We are working together and helping one another. And we have even convinced our dark brother Thalassee to join us. He and Igle as counterparts are progressing much more swiftly together than they did apart, as you said they would. But..." The warrior turns to face his glyph and portal window. "But, you, who do not have a counterpart here, and have mastered all the elements, still cannot Ktizo. So, I ask you again, will we ever be creators?"

The leader places a hand on his brother's shoulder. "Never doubt it."

Concurrent readers this is the last section to read before BLOOD OF THE GODS Chapter 1