Chapter 7: New People Can Be Helpful

Hello everybody, this chapter is mostly going to be wrapping up the last date, so sorry if it's a tad boring. I'll try to get the next chapter out as soon as I can! But I do want to thank all of you who have commented, voted, and just plain read the story. That was really awesome of you guys!

***************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 7: New People Can Be Helpful

This time, I understood why this happened. It was because I was going to be a jerk and ditch my date at the dinner table. Thank you universe. Thank you for proving that you are officially out to get me and will give me bad luck by any means necessary.

I began waving one of my arms out in the open while the other one held be steady. Forget about embarrassment; it will be a lot worse when Dylan gets someone to check on me and then figure out I was caught trying to escape this horrible date. I had thrown my purse on the ground ahead of time and now it was too far away to reach for my cell phone.

There was a park right nearby. Surely people from there had to see a frantic girl, waving her arms like mad, stuck in a window…right?

No one had come into this restroom yet, probably ‘cause they chose the luxury that was the ladies’ restroom near the entrance, but I didn’t want to risk it and yell for help. No one in this restaurant must know of this.

I spotted two people walking that were awfully close by. I waved my arms like crazy and was relieved to know that I had caught the shorter one of the two’s attention. The person stopped the other and motioned them to wait. As that shorter person came closer, I noticed it was a girl with a blond bob haircut.

“Uh…” she said as she saw me in my predicament.

“Hi there,” I tried to reassure her that I wasn’t a freak. “My name’s Piper. Sorry for calling you over here, but I kinda need some help.” I wasn’t even stuttering. This must really be a life threatening situation if I wasn’t tripping over my words with new people.

She continued to stare at me. “Are…are you stuck?”

I nodded. I’ll have time to feel shameful later. “Yeah, I am.”

The girl nodded slowly.

I tried to adjust myself since my gut was killing me. “Bad date.”

Her eyes widened in understanding and her nodding sped up. “I totally know what you’re going through, well, besides the whole window thing. I’ve had bad dates before. I’m Gwendolyn by the way, but you can call me Gwen. Let me go get my brother and we’ll try to get you out of this.”

She hurried over to the person who she had previously told to stop and started pointing over in my direction. As they started to come over, I heard the door swing open behind me.

“Just getting a breath of fresh air,” I called back and hoped that I sounded convincing.

There was no reply; even though I’m sure whoever just entered gave me a weird look. I was too busy focusing on my saviors to worry about that other stranger.

“Okay, we’re here to help,” the girl named Gwen announced as she came back with her brother.

You know what? The universe sucks. It freakin’ sucks!

“I see we meet again, Pippi.” I could see the smirk right on his face.

“Wait, you two know each other?” Gwen asked as she looked back and forth at us like it was an intense tennis match.