Chapter 12: Will There Be Cake and Wookiees at This Party?

Hi people! First of all, I would like to thank everybody who has ever commented or voted or just read the story. Over 1,000 reads! WOO! I'm so excited!! Thank you everyone! :) We're already on the 12th chapter of 12 Weeks, 12 Dates (12, 12, 12!) and I shall hold you back no longer. Enjoy the chapter!

***************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 12: Will There Be Cake and Wookiees at This Party?

After the awkwardness of having known I had tackled Mr. Phillips earlier this morning had passed, I was able to scarf down my breakfast waffles with no problem.

“Thirds?” Miss Barbara asked incredulously as she glanced at my empty plate. “I don’t understand how some kids can eat so much.”

I scratched the back of my head sheepishly. “Sorry.”

She let out a laugh, “Don’t be sorry, dear. I’m used to Logan almost eating us out of the house. Asking for thirds is nothing in comparison.”

I smiled and took my now-full plate back downstairs and proceeded in watching early Saturday Spongebob Squarepants episodes.

“So we’re just going to stay over and get Piper ready for her date, right?” Naomi asked as she took a sip of her water.

Gwen bobbed her head with a giggle. “I’m just dying to see the process it takes to transform Piper into a lovely lady.”

I cringed. “Yeah, it’s not as lady-like as you think it would be.”

“Ooh!” Naomi shot up. “That reminds, I have to text your date, Charlie, this address. He’s going to come pick you up. In his own car.”

I twirled a finger in the air. “Woo.”

Was I supposed to be impressed? True, I didn’t have a license, or a car for that matter, but I was perfectly fine with taking the bus. I was saving the environment! Please, the trees come to me for hugs.

“Why can’t I take the bus and meet him at wherever the place is?” I asked, furrowing my eyebrows slightly. “And why do you get to talk to my dates? Why can’t I?”

“Because then that would ruin the whole process of this experiment. You can’t have a blind date when you already know what they sound like!” Nay argued.

“I’m pretty sure I can, as long as I haven’t seen him,” I replied.

She flicked her wrist. “Whatever. The reason why Charlie is coming to pick you up is because you’ll be going to his house since his family is having a huge gathering.”

“What?! Isn’t it a little early to meet the family?” I questioned, starting to feel the anxiety grip onto me. Who introduces a girl to their family on the first date anyway?

“Aww, I think that’s sweet,” Gwen cooed. Yeah, of course she would think that. She wasn’t the one going.

I crossed my arms. “It’s not sweet, it’s just plain weird.”

Naomi shrugged, “What it’s classified as doesn’t matter. What does matter is the fact that this is your fifth date! Can you believe that? Who would have believed Piper Hollows would be going out so much?!” She wiped a fake tear from her eye. “I’m so proud!”

“Piper Hollows doesn’t believe it. She can’t even believe she’s still friends with you,” I said, only half-teasing.

She smiled at me. “You know you love me.”