Chapter 8: The Great Outdoors

Hello everybody! Sorry for not updating in a while, but school started back up and I haven't had the time. Hope you all enjoy this chapter and once again, sorry for the late update!

***************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 8: The Great Outdoors

Friday’s detention was pretty good, despite the fact that I had totally forgotten about it. I don’t know what happened, stupid Gym had me too tired to think straight. I was actually sitting on the bus, waiting for it to leave when I finally remembered that I had to sit in a classroom for a few more hours.

I hopped off the bus and ran as fast as I could to make it to detention. Hopefully Mr. Hart would still be his usual late self and never know I was missing.

By the time I burst through the door, I was sweaty (see, running is evil. It makes you cry tears of sweat all over!) and out of breath. My eyes darted towards the front desk and of course, Mr. Hart was sitting there with his arms crossed.

“You’re late, Miss Hollows,” he said simply as if it weren’t obvious enough.

I wheezed out an apology and looked around the classroom to see there were three more kids in here besides Logan and I. Logan must be a regular or something because he’s always in here. I wonder what he does. Probably refusing to help girls stuck in windows.

Yeah, I’m still pretty mad about that.

I started making my way to the back of the class when my foot got stuck on something and I tumbled over. Stupid me for not closing my backpack because now everything was spread out on the floor. I heard the kids snickering at my spill and my face started turning red in the process.

“You were supposed to step over it, Pippi,” Logan sneered.

I picked myself up and glanced at his outstretched foot. “My name is Piper, not Pippi. And did you do that on purpose?”

He looked at all my school supplies covering the ground, “No, not intentionally, but that was funny as hell.”

I could feel my face turn a brighter shade of red, but I’m not sure if it was from the embarrassment or from all the pent-up anger I had at him.

“Piper, Logan, quiet please,” Mr. Hart instructed from his seat.

I narrowed my eyes at Logan, “You’re a jerk.”

He put his hand over his heart, “Wow. That one almost hurt.”

I began to pick up my stuff and then I saw his hand reach down. I was surprised to see that he was trying to help me, but then I realized he didn’t give back whatever he had taken. I stood up and my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw him skimming over that idiotic dating journal.

“Give me that!” I tried to snatch it away, but Logan switched it over to his other hand.

“What the heck is this?” he asked with a slight laugh.

“Doesn’t matter. Give it back!”

“Logan!” Mr. Hart snapped. “Give Piper back her notebook so the both of you will be quiet!”

Logan slowly handed me the journal back and snickered, “Pathetic much?”

My eyes flamed as I hissed, “I don’t know how many times I’ve told you this, but it’s my friend’s doing, not mine. So would you mind backing the hell off?”

His mouth went into an ‘O’ shape. He then whispered in an exaggerated kid’s voice, “Ooh, you just said H-E-Double hockey sticks.”

If I wasn’t so angry and humiliated that he saw my journal, I probably would have laughed at how he sounded. Instead, I just rubbed my temples and murmured, “I knew I shouldn’t have taken that bet,” to my desk.