Chapter 20: Those Who Spy Together, Stick Together

Hello everyone! Well, here's chapter 20 and I hope you all like it! And again, thank you for all the votes, comments, and reads. It really means so much to me, so thank you once again!! :D

***************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 20: Those Who Spy Together, Stick Together

“So that’s why the car was in the pond,” Danny said after the retelling of my mishap of a date.

“But he stole pets!?” Nay exclaimed. “What the heck was wrong with him?”

I crossed my arms. “I don’t know Nay, why don’t you ask your friends who recommended all of these dates?”

“I swear I had no idea that it was going to turn out this badly,” she held up her hands in defense.

“You and me both,” I grumbled as I dug into the chocolate brownie that Logan gave me with my lunch, although he admitted to it being store bought. Whatever, it still comforted me in my time of grumbling.

He was not a bad cook, in case you’re wondering. I was quite surprised at how he went as far to make me spaghetti with a side salad. I had to make sure it wasn’t poisoned by having Danny test it.

“Good food,” I murmured to Logan with half a brownie in my mouth. I swallowed and looked over him, “How’s your eye doing?”

After he got done laughing at yet another horrible date, he reached up and tapped the black/blue/purple dot that encircled the eye I kicked when we had our race. I felt bad, seeing how swollen it was. He shrugged with a slight grin from the leftover laughter. “It’s doesn’t hurt as much, but if anyone other than us mentions it, Piper is now a fierce, beefy bank robber who I tried to stop after rescuing an old lady from her burning apartment, got that?”

I was going to laugh at his exaggeration, but someone already beat me to it. Actually, two some ones who weren’t at our table at the moment. We turned our heads in the direction of the noise and saw Gwen and Ryan nearly falling over themselves with giggles. Ryan had his arm around Gwen and they were heading to the lunch line to pick up their food.

“Um…” I started out, not quite sure what to get from the scene.

“Dude, is your sister going out with Ryan or something?” Danny asked.

Logan was just blankly staring ahead of him.

“Or she hasn’t told anybody she is,” Nay said. She let out a giggle. “Those sneaky two.”

“Gwen isn’t dating him,” Logan shook his head.

Danny shrugged. “I don’t know, they look pretty couple-ish to me.” Then he laughed. “So Logan, how do you feel about the possibility that your in-law will be a pretty boy?”

Logan started standing up from the table, “Trust me, he’s not going to be pretty when I beat the sh—”

I grabbed his arm and made him sit down. “Logan, I know you think you have fast gamer reflexes, but in all honestly, Ryan could beat the crap out of you without so much breaking a sweat.”

He narrowed his eyes, “You just love to shoot me down, don’t you?”

Naomi nodded in agreement with me. “She’s right. Have you seen Ryan’s muscles? I mean, hot damn!” She quickly faced Danny, “Still love you, Sweetie.”

He gave her a look as he flicked up his baseball cap.

Logan put his head down on the table. “I’m seriously considering why I hang out with you guys.”